- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 30
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: English (48%), Catalan (47%) and Spanish (5%)
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
Graduates in English and Classical Studies will acquire expert knowledge both in today's most important international language and in the classical languages, the cultural and philosophical bases of the Western world. This facilitates entering the workforce in any profession related to languages and multilingualism in any country of the European Union, such as the teaching of English and/or classical languages and cultural mediation, as well as in highly qualified business, tourist and other cultural professions, etc.
The two specialisations offered will allow students to delve deeper into either the field of language, linguistics and comparative grammar, or literature, comparative literature and culture, thanks to a wide range of subjects providing strong professionalising contents.
The degree is programmed by the Departments of English and German and of Antiquity and the Middle Ages, making it an ideal setting for the organisation of these types of interdisciplinary studies.
- Teaching and the production of didactic materials in both public and private institutions.
- Language technology applications.
- Tourism, public relations and international relations.
- Cultural counselling and management of documentation tasks for publishers, in collaboration with journals and cultural supplements, the coordination and planning of cultural activities for companies, foundations and public institutions.
- Academic research.
Once you have completed your studies, you will have solid training in the English and Classical languages, literatures and cultures. This will facilitate entering the labour market in any of the sectors related to language or multilingualism in any of the European Union member states, such as language teaching, cultural mediation, access to highly qualified posts in businesses, and sectors related to tourist activities, cultural exchanges, etc.
Studying this degree has been a wonderful experience. It has made me grow as a person and opened new horizons. The perfect choice, I would study it again without a doubt! Joanna Cuevas