- School of Engineering
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 80
- Admission mark: 8,372
- Price per credit: 27.67 euros.
- Language: Catalan, Spanish and English
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The feature that distinguishes the UAB bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering is the projection of chemical engineering knowledge into the fields of bioengineering and technological applications in environmental engineering. The Department of Chemical Engineering has been a pioneering agent in both these areas.
Through specialisations (academic tracks) students in their fourth year can specialise in biochemical or environmental engineering, in materials engineering or in engineering of chemical processes. The UAB has designed these to train up professionals in these areas, which open up many career opportunities.
One example of this is the MELiSSA project (Micro-Ecological Life Support System Alternative), an innovative laboratory belonging to the European Space Agency, which started as part of a research programme on life support technologies, to test the viability of a long-term, manned space mission, and was launched thanks to an initiative by UAB chemical engineers.
The main career options lie in the emerging bioengineering fields, particularly in environmental biochemistry and engineering, which the Department of Chemical Engineering of the UAB.
Graduates tend to work in the following fields:
- Process engineering in the industries of biotechnology, chemistry, petro-chemistry, pharmaceuticals, food, etc.
- Process engineering in environmental technologies.
- Chemical engineer.
- Director of production.
- Director and developer of research projects.
- Research in research projects.
- Auditing, consulting and assessing.