- School of Engineering
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 80
- Admission mark: 9,346
- Price per credit: 18.46 euros.
- Language: Catalan, Spanish and English
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
Chemical engineering is a branch of engineering involved in the processes in which materials undergo changes in their composition, energy content or physical state, characteristic of the chemical industry and of other related sectors such as the pharmaceutical, biotechnological, food and environmental sectors.
The feature that distinguishes the UAB bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering is the projection of chemical engineering knowledge into the fields of bioengineering and technological applications in environmental engineering. The Department of Chemical Engineering has been a pioneering agent in both these areas.
The UAB designed this bachelor's degree with the aim of preparing multidisciplinary professionals and experts capable of designing processes and products, as well as of analysing, conceptualising, calculating, constructing, monitoring, controling, optimising and operating industrial teams and installations.
Once completed, the degree qualifies graduates to work in this regulated profession as industrial engineering technicians.
The main career options lie in the chemical industry and other related fields, particularly in the environmental technology and biotechnology fields, areas in which the UAB specialises.
Graduates tend to work in the following fields:
- Different positions in the industries of chemistry, pharmaceutics, biotechnology, food, petro-chemistry, etc.
- Auditing, consulting and assessment technician.
- Engineering and consultancy firms.
- Director and developer of research projects.
- Lecturing at secondary and pre-university levels.