- Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
- Bellaterra campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
Places: Chinese: 40
- Admission mark: 9,743 Japonès / 8,532 Xinès
- Price per credit: 35.77 euros
- Catalan (34%), Spanish (33%) and English (33%) (course languages).
- Chinese and Japanese (one must be chosen as first foreign language, and the other may be chosen as second or third foreign language).
- Korean (as second or third foreign language).
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The Faculty of Translation and Interpreting of the UAB is a pioneering centre in East Asian studies and research, one of the first centres to offer this degree in Spain and the only in all of Catalonia.
The bachelor's degree in East Asian Studies is the only one to include Chinese, Japanese and Korean language courses, with subjects also in English and with three different specialisations. Studies which are open to the world, which make interculturality and the learning of languages the pillars of education needed by future professionals:
- With curricular work placements in local companies and companies in Asia, public and private institutions, official foundations and non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations.
- With the largest number of student exchange and mobility agreements reached with the main universities of China, Japan and South Korea, and with prestigious European academic centres.
- With a large lecturing staff made up of expert professionals and native language teachers, with an elevated number of foreign students and exceptional facilities.
- In close collaboration with official institutions such as the Confucius Institute of Barcelona Foundation (China), the Japan Foundation (Japan) and the King Sejong Institute Foundation (South Korea).
- With an excellent interdisciplinary academic training, strongly focused on attending the demands of the national, European and international markets.
The principal employment sectors are:
Intermediation in the economic, commercial, political, social, cutural and language relations between East Asian countries and local sectors.
- Specialised consulting and analysis services fpr transnational businesses and corporations, trade agencies, export and promotion departments, management teams and diplomats, official foundations and institutions, public administrations.
Institutional communication, mass media companies, publishing houses, digital firms and cultural services, management, promotion and entrepreneurship, and tourism.
International organisms, non-governmental and not-for-profit organisations, international cooperation.
Consultancy services to business management members and exports or promotional departments.
Teaching at different levels in East Asia and its languages.
- Academic study and research centres.
"Thanks to this degree I was able to make my dream come true: I have learned Japanese and lived in Kyoto as a JASSO student intern for the Japanese government."