Call for applications for AIDA Programme grants: Grants for the Intensification of Teaching in English (English as a Medium of Instruction at the UAB Programme, academic year 2020-2021)
- To improve competence in the English language and in intercultural communication by local students.
- Attracting international students who do not know Spanish or Catalan.
- Facilitating double degrees and joints qualifications.
Purpose of the grant
To finance the participation of teaching and research staff of the UAB who have to give their classes in English on the Teaching Support programme. The programme is divided into four actions:
- Intensive English for Academic Staff course
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI) Intensive Training
- Teaching practice: class observation and tutorial
Date of submission to the Agency convener
- Project objective.
- Qualifications involved.
- List of subjects and number of groups; number of students registered.
- List of teaching staff involved, with information about their level of English wherever possible, and their contract type (permanent/temporary).
- Mechanisms planned to ensure the continued offer of teaching in English.
- Involvement of permanent teaching staff in the proposal.
- Agreement of the Faculty Board.
- Previous experience at the centre, where appropriate.
Applications may be presented to the General Registry of the UAB from 27 April to 4 June 2020.
Commitment of the beneficiaries
Centres benefiting from the grants must present an annual report on the progression of the programme
93 581 13 25 / 93 433 50 60
The final decision will be published on the UAB Search website http://www.uab.cat/beques-ajuts/.