- Faculty of Science
- Bellaterra campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 65
- Admission mark: 11,310
- Price per credit: 18.46 euros
- Language: Catalan (60%), Spanish (33%) and English (7%)
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The bachelor's degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at the UAB offers:
- Interdisciplinary training: physics, chemistry, biology and mathematics.
- Contents focused on the study of phenomena and manipulation of materials at atomic, molecular and macromolecular scale.
- Training of professionals for the new industry and society of knowledge:
- Communication technologies.
- Energy production and storage.
- Creation of new materials.
- Nanometric scale manufacturing.
- Development of scientific problem-solving tools.
- Technology of foods.
- Water and environmental technologies.
- Improvements in security.
- Specific training in fundamental concepts, principles, theories and techniques related to nanoscience and nanotechnology.
- Synthesise and characterise materials at nanometric scale and study its properties.
- Manipulate tools and materials in testing laboratories with the aim of studying phenomena at nanometric scale.
- Interpret data obtained through experimental measures.
- Specialisations: Physics and Chemistry of Nanosystems and Bionanotechnology.
- Research, development and innovation in industries based on new scientific and technical knowledge (biotechnology, microelectronics, telecommunications, energy storage, new materials, etc.) and also in innovative traditional industries (chemistry, pharmaceuticals, biomedicine, ceramics, textiles, etc.)
- Management, control and strategic planning of nanotechnological techniques, processes and products in the industries of electronics, telecommunications, biomedicine, biotechnology, pharmacology, etc.
I learned a lot of different things while studying my degree, but I especially realised that nanoscience will go as far as your inventiveness and creativity will take you; that is why I enjoyed it so much! Noemí Contreras