Faculty of Arts and Humanities
University of Barcelona
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 40
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: French (85%), Catalan (5%) and Spanish (5%).
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
The Bachelor's Degree in French Studies offers a complete andcross-curricular view of the French-speaking world, which combines and integrates the study of the French language and culture with that of French literature. It is a UAB-UB interuniversity degree, coordinated by the UAB Department of French and Romance Languages, with a long trajectory in the teaching of languages, linguistics and literature. As a graduate, you will have acquired a solid training in French language, literature and culture, which will make it easier to enter the labour market in any of the professions related to languages and plurilingualism in any of the European Union countries.
This degree is for you if you...
- Like to travel and come into contact with other cultures and other ways of thinking.
- Have curiosities and interest in developing a critical and solid thinking.
- Like to write and want to improve your creativity.
- Are creative and like art and related subjects.
- You are a supportive person and like to act as a mediator in current conflicts in which the French language is essential.
- You are interested in studying or working in a French-speaking country.
- You want to have a good oral and written level of French.
- You want to gain experience in companies and public institutions in which French is necessary.
Career optionsFuture graduates will have acquired solid training in the French language, literature and culture. This will facilitate entering the labour market in any of the sectors related to language or multilingualism in any of the European Union member states, such as:
- Language teaching
- Intercultural and linguistic mediation
- Plurilingual Institutional communication in businesses, publishing companies, libraries, etc.
- Business world and tourist activities
- Cultural management within public organisations
- Linguistic and literary assessment to the media
- Instrumental translations for institutions and businesses
- Literary translation
- Philological research of languages, literatures and cultures and their international relations
- Editing and proofreading of texts
- Consultancy services to communication media
- Cultural diffusion
Students are increasingly being offered work in automatic language processing, both oral and written, by various leading companies in this sector.
I am a "batxibac" teacher and we have many student exchanges with France. This year my school centre was awarded the Erasmus literature project liT2.0. Alicia Franco