- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1822/15
- 15th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 26/09/2022
- Finish date: 30/05/2023
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 4200 €
Special price 3780 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (75%), Spanish (25%)
- Location: E.U. d'Infermeria de l'Hospital de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, C. Sant Antoni M. Claret, 167 (Barcelona)
In this context, a nurse within a surgical team, plays a fundamental role in contributing to the success of the surgery undertaken and therefore in the patient's recuperation. However, in order for nurses to carry out this role effectively, they need specific training that has been planned and adapted to new circumstances, providing professionals with specific skills for curing surgery patients throughout the perioperative process, applying criteria of quality and safety.
For over a century now, surgery nursing has been accompanying patients and providing care and attention to them. Obviously, its role has changed, growing in a way that parallels that of the nursing and surgery professions in general.
We support the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses' definition of a perioperative nurse as one who accompanies the surgery patient throughout the perioperative process (pre-, intra- and postoperative phases) of a surgical intervention or of an invasive process having the basic purpose of ensuring the patient's safety through four domains:
- The ability to create and maintain a physically safe environment
- The ability to create and maintain a physiological safety
- The ability to learn how to handle the surgical procedure for the patient and family
- The ability to maintain the patient's rights and values as an individual.
All theoretical and practical knowledge provided is structured around these four basic ambits that are essential for carrying out nursing roles and functions responsibly within the perioperative field.
Career opportunities- Form a part of surgery teams, either for surgical interventions or for other invasive procedures
- Lead nursing consultations offering comprehensive care to surgery patients
- Sterilisations services
- Hospitalisation and Post-Anaesthesia Recovery Units for in-patients or CMA
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Escuela Universitaria de Enfermería del Hospital de la Santa Cruz y de San Pablo
Beatriz Campillo Zaragoza