- UAB Graduate Diploma
- Code: 2974/10
- 10th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 22/01/2021
- Finish date: 16/07/2021
- Places: 25
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 2220 ¤
Special price 1998 ¤
Group of application: Alumni UAB Premium
Special price 2109 ¤
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral, UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
This graduate diploma provides well-rounded training in the techniques, procedures and applicable regulations for planning and managing emergency situations, including the guidelines of the Department of the Interior of the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat), and serves as a professional qualification issued by this same department.
The syllabus responds to the need in public administration for professionals in the area of self-protection and emergencies who have
- A broad perspective
- Knowledge of the many variables that can affect an emergency situation
- Ability to analyse the risks that can lead to an emergency
- Ability to communicate, coordinate teams and introduce improvements in emergency management.
- Graduates in subject areas related to civil protection
- Civil protection professionals with professional experience and university qualifications
- Public administration workers with responsibilities in this area
- Employees of relevant publicly-owned businesses or private companies managing publicly-owned assets that could intervene in emergency situations.
Career opportunities- Public administration specialists and officials with competences in this area (local, regional and national).
- Specialists and officials in state-run companies that are affected.
- Specialists and officials in private companies that manage publicly-owned assets that could intervene in emergency situations.
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace...
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
Extracurricular practices are those that are not included in the curriculum of the studies. You can choose to do them in addition. The coordination of your program will explain the details of how, where and under what conditions can they be carried out.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community. The portal includes aids offered by UAB and calls from other institutions that may be an interest for students...
In this website you will find a specific page for UAB-specific master's degrees and graduate diplomas' grants.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Jose Manuel López Rodríguez