- Antonio Josť Trujillo Mesa
- Department: Department of Animal and Food Science
- Telephone number:93 581 3292
- Ph.D., Veterinary Faculty, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 1996.
B.S., Veterinary Faculty, Universidad Autònoma de Barcelona, 1989.
- Research lines
- My main research line is the application of new technologies, nanotechnology and techno-functionality to improve food safety, nutritional value of food and design and production of functional foods. I have a special interest in the application of high hydrostatic pressure and ultra-high pressure homogenization in milk and dairy products, and more recently in the emulsions.
Other topic of great interest for me is the application of traditional technologies for improving the quality and nutritional value of processed foods.
- Since 1991 I have been teaching undergraduate students in the area of Food Science and Technology. My position also involves training masters and Ph.D. students as well as post-doctoral fellows in the topic of Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies through the development of functional dairy foods by using high hydrostatic pressure and ultra-high pressure homogenization