Official Master's Degree in Internet of Things for e-Health
IntroductionThe main objective of the Master's Degree in Internet for Things for eHealth (IoT for eHealth) is to train qualified professionals with management and leadership skills needed to take efficient decisions, meeting the needs of sector's businesses, administration and users.
The master's degree is structured into 4 knowledge domains which segment the different IoT technologies used for eHealth:
- Wearable Technology: aimed at monitoring the health and well-being of users; includes everything from implants to applications for athletes.
- Diagnosis and Intervention Support Systems: used in the implementation of specialised algorithms for medical environments (e.g. operations, medical imaging, etc.) with their corresponding electronic devices.
- Distributed Computing: focused on the analysis, design, implementation and validation of the computing infrastructure distributed in devices, their periphery and cloud, applied to big-data problems in IoT for eHealth and scalable.
- Information and Security Technologies: related to the security and integrity of the diverse data from the IoT chain, based on international standards on format and exchange of health data and taking into account the computational and energetic capacities of these implementations.
Career optionsThe master's degree fits the current demand of the professional market and offers a training programme focused on providing the necessary professional skills to work in areas such as the following:
- Businesses (hospitals, healthcare assistance, insurance companies, etc.) offering healthcare services
- Public administration (public health system, healthcare assistance, university)
- Suppliers of devices, applications and/or technologies for the healthcare sector
- Consultancies in engineering and health (including sports)
- Entities training health professionals in the field of digital health
- R&D firms and departments focusing on IoT for eHealth
Teaching timetableSee the web of the School.
Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 11/01/2019
See the calendar
€75 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail