- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Places: 40 places
- Price: Request prices from the coordinating university.
- Programme offered since 2006 under the joint initiative of four universities, with a distinction as an International Master’s Programme (IMP) and seal of excellence by the Catalan University Quality Assurance Agency (AQU).
- It unites the main research teams in the field of education psychology and, therefore, you will come into contact with the most up-to-date lines of study, both in research and in educational interventions.
- You can choose to specialise in professional intevention or research. The wide array of options will allow you to create your own personalised itinerary in psychopaedogogical assessment, attention to diversity, intercultural education, interventions in non-formal scenarios, cognitive development and specific learnings, intervention in the community and families, curriculum studies and other emerging sectors.
- Your training will allow you to be prepared to intervene in a variety of fields: compulsory education in pre-schools, primary schools, secondary schools and higher education centres; socioeducation intervention, inclusion and minor protection programmes, management of educational network, publishing houses, and educational assessment in entities such as museums, zoos, foundations and cooperation entities.
The Inter-university Master of Educational Psychology (MIPE) offers three educational lines associated with different profiles:
- Profile on Psychoeducational Research. Students choosing this profile develop the ability to generate high quality scientific knowledge, to carry out and critically analyse highly specific investigations, and to create, analyse, diffuse scientific information, and offer qualified education in the field of educational psychology.
- Profile on Psychoeducational Intervention. Students choosing this profile develop the ability to plan and carry out psychoeducational interventions with a high degree of specificity to individual cases, group cases or institutional situations. Professional practices are considered from a lifelong perspective.
- Profile on Psychoeducational Guidance in Secondary Education. On 25 July 2019, the Catalan agency for quality assurance in higher education, AQU Catalunya, approved to recognise the MIPE specialisation in Psychoeducational Guidance in Secondary Education as being equivalent to the master's degree diploma which gives access to professionals to work as teachers in secondary and upper secondary education centres, in vocational training centres, and in language teaching centres under the specialisation of Educational Guidance.
The master's degree in Educational Psychology develops competences for the following areas of employment.
Formal contexts of educational intervention
- Guidance in secondary schools (for those with the specialisation in Psychoeducational Guidance in Secondary Education)
- University teaching and research (for those with the specialisation in Psychoeducational Research)
- Psycho-Pedagogical Advisory Teams (EAP)
- Advisory teams on language, interculturality and social cohesion (LICS)
- Child development and early care centres (CDIAP)
- Departments Orientation in Educational Psychology educational
- Psycho-pedagogical consultants
- University orientation services
Social contexts of educational intervention
- Socio-educational programmes for inclusion (social integration, immigration, social welfare, dependency, community activation, etc.)
- Care homes and educational action homes (CRAE)
- Centres for the disabled
- Special employment centres and services
- Open centres. Leisure centres and educational programmes
- Public advisory services (work, youth, economic promotion, etc.)
Educational consultancy and design
- Research and consultancy on academic and occupational training
- Foundations with educational, cultural and social programmes
- Educational programmes in museums, exhibitions and zoos
Coordinator university:University of Barcelona
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
University of Girona
Ramon Llull University