Official Master's Degree in Internet of Things for e-Health
Ideal student profileThis Master's degree is aimed at students interested in obtaining complementary and specialist training in the Internet of Things for e-Health through the use of ICT. Consequently, the entry profile for the Master's degree is a prior Bachelor's degree or equivalent, mainly in the area of engineering, although it is also open to students from other areas of interest and knowledge of ICT. The Master's degree is also aimed at professionals in the areas mentioned above who hold a Bachelor's degree.
Knowledge of English is a requirement (equivalent to level B1 or higher of the CEFR).
- Have and understand knowledge that offers a base or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Know how to apply the knowledge acquired and capacity to solve problems in new or little known environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the area of study.
- Capacity to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgements from information which, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgements.
- Ability to transmit information, ideas, problems and solution to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Possession of learning abilities which allow for continued study which is largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Solves problems of health and health services which require elements of the value chain of the IoT using specific concepts and technologies.
- Identify care procedures in the health system and the factors for their digital transformation to a more efficient model for professionals and patients.
- Plan, develop, evaluate and manage solution for projects in the different areas of IoT taking into account aspects of multidisciplinary co-design, user privacy and data security.
- Apply the ethical rules applicable in the health sector.
- Apply the operation and organisation of internet, communications technologies and protocols and new generation networks to the area of health and health provision.
- Develop and adapt geo-distributed services and apps on mobile devices aimed at the Cloud and Edge computing infrastructures.
- Analyse and model phenomena with data, graphics and complex images in the context of IoT in the area of health using techniques of probability, statistics and artificial intelligence.
- Identify and understand properties of user usability and accessibility to applied technologies in the area of health and health provision.
- Use and implement methods, techniques, specific use programmes, norms and standards in the development of mobile apps/wearables and social networks in the area of health.
- Design, develop, manage and evaluation mechanisms of certification, compression and security guarantees in the processing of and access to information in a local or distributed processing system.
- Use ICT applied to IoT in health.
- Apply the local, autonomic, national and international regulations in the area of IoT in health.
- Apply basic research tools in the area of IoT in health.
- Understand, analyse and evaluate theories, results and developments in the language of reference (English) as well as the mother tongue (Catalan, Spanish) in the area of IoT in health.