Content Official Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine
Ideal student profileThe Master's degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine is aimed principally at graduates in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Computer Science or Physics. Access is also open to graduates in Biosciences or Health Sciences, and graduates in similar fields from other countries. Students will need an upper-intermediate level of English.
Applicants for this master's degree must have a strong motivation for research and development in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine, must be able to work in multidisciplinary, international environments and must have initiative, a capacity for creation and innovation, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Use acquired knowledge as a basis for originality in the application of ideas, often in a research context.
- Solve problems in new or little-known situations within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to the field of study.
- Integrate knowledge and use it to make judgements in complex situations, with incomplete information, while keeping in mind social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicate and justify conclusions clearly and unambiguously to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Continue the learning process, to a large extent autonomously.
- Integrate contents in biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology and biomedicine from a molecular perspective.
- Analyse and correctly interpret the molecular mechanisms operating in living beings and identify their applications.
- Identify and propose scientific solutions to problems in molecular-level biological research and show understanding of the biochemical complexity of living beings.
- Identify and use bioinformatic tools to solve problems in biochemistry, molecular biology and biomedicine.
- Apply techniques for modifying living beings or parts of these in order to improve pharmaceutical and biotechnological processes and products or develop new products.
- Conceive, design, develop and synthesise scientific and/or biotechnological projects within biochemistry, molecular biology or biomedicine.
- Analyse and explain normal morphology and physiological processes and their alterations at the molecular level using the scientific method.
- Use and manage bibliography and IT resources related to biochemistry, molecular biology or biomedicine.
- Use scientific terminology to account for research results and present these orally and in writing.
- Develop critical reasoning within the subject area and in relation to the scientific or business context.
- Analyse research results to obtain new biotechnological or biomedical products to be transferred to society.
- Work individually and in teams in a multidisciplinary context.