Content Official Master's Degree in Transfusion Medicine and Cellular and Tissue Therapies
Ideal student profile
- University graduates in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biomedical Sciences and Biology or equivalent.
- University graduates in Nursing with a minimum of 4-year experience in transfusion medicine services.
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity for originality in developing and / or applying ideas, often in a research context.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, include reflecting on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Students can communicate their conclusions and the knowledge and rationale underpinning these to specialist and non-specialist audiences clearly and unambiguously.
- That students have the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Manage blood, cell, and tissue donations ethically and efficiently.
- Design safe strategies in the donation process and in the preparation of blood products in accordance with European regulations.
- Identify and analyse quality indicators in the various blood components production methods.
- Describe the selection processes of units of blood and blood components comparable with each clinical situation.
- Define laboratory strategies for the diagnosis of haemolytic disease, immune cytopenias, haematological and other immune- (side) effects of the transfusion.
- Apply the biological principles of cell therapies in the treatment of local and systemic disease processes.
- Recognise and apply the basic techniques and tools needed to manage the different areas of knowledge that are involved in any possible project in a blood bank.
- Design and conduct strategic or research projects in the area of transfusion medicine using the appropriate resources and methodologies.
- Integrate scientific and technical knowledge in accordance with a commitment to ethics and the code of conduct.
- Take reasoned decisions based on critical, objective analysis.