Official Master's Degree in Advanced Research in Political Science
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission requirementsFor admission to this Master’s degree applicants must fulfil the following requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in one of the following areas: Political Science, International Relations, Sociology, Law, Communication, Marketing, Economics or Anthropology.
2. Graduates in other disciplines may also apply but will be required to take bridging courses.
3. English a level B2 or higher of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Selection criteriaIf the number of applicants is greater than the number of places, allocation of places will made according to preference. The selection committee will consider applications according to the following four criteria:
1. Academic transcript (50 %).
2. Previous studies in the field of the Master’s degree. Participation in seminars, conferences, research projects, publications and papers in academic forums will be given special consideration (20 %).
3. Professional experience related to the field of knowledge of the Master’s degree (10 %).
4. Letter of motivation (10 %).
5. English level C1 or higher (10 %).
Complementary trainingSince they do not have previous studies in the area of the Master’s degree, applicants included in point 2 of the Admission requirements section will have to take courses up to 12 ECTS credits in bridging courses. The teaching committee for the Master’s degree will analyse the applicant’s previous studies and decide which courses should be taken as bridging courses.
Bridging courses are taken from the Bachelor’s degree in Political Science and Public Management:
- Comparative Politics I (101.081, 6 ECTS credits, OB)
- International Contemporary System (101.090, 6 ECTS credits, OB)
- Research Techniques (101.102, 6 ECTS credits, OB)