Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Economics - English
The University considers that once you graduate from this degree at UAB you will be capable of:
Develop critical thinking and reasoning skills and communicate effectively both in one's mother tongue and in other languages.
Develop independent learning strategies.
Respect diversity in ideas, people and situations.
Generate innovative and competitive proposals for research and professional activities.
- Understanding and becoming familiar with the basic fundamentals of the economic theory, with description and analysis tools and with the general tools used in empirical analyses.
- Applying your knowledge to the design of economic policies in the private and public sector, both in regulated and non-regulated environments. Applying the analysis tools acquired in order to understand all types of economic and business hardships.
- Systematically gathering the results of your actions in the economic field and processing and contrasting the information with your objectives or predictions, in order to assess the interactions of all economic agents.
- Communicating the results of your study and your analyses in a clear and organised manner in English. Proposing alternatives, demonstrating your sensitivity towards identifying with the problems of others and taking on the tasks of an economist within the which you are working.
- Demonstrating learning abilities that will allow you to continue with your training independently in both the professional and academic world in the fields of business and economy.
- Oral and written communication in Catalan, Spanish and English in order to synthesise and present the work done.
- Selecting and generating the information needed for each type of problem, and having the ability to analyse and make decisions based on the specific characteristics of the problem.
- Making decisions in uncertain situations, demonstrating an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Organising work in a way which will allow you to manage your time correctly, use it to the fullest and plan ahead.
- Demonstrating initiative and the ability to work independently when required.
- Working in teams and being able to defend your proposals and validate or disagree with the opinions of others in a reasoned manner.
- Directing and managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams, implementing new projects and coordinating, negotiating and managing conflicts.
- Capacity to adapt to changing environments.
- Using the information technologies available and adapting to new technological environments.
- Capacity to continue learning independently in the future, expanding your skills and gaining knowledge in other areas.
- Valuing ethical commitment in professional practices.
- Showing motivation for quality at work and sensitivity towards environmental and social issues.