- School of Engineering
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 5 courses - 327 credits
- Places: 20
- Admission mark: 9,492
- Price per credit: 18.46 euros.
- Language: Catalan / Spanish and, in some optional subjects, English.
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Face-to-face learning
The fast-paced technological evolution and advances in globalisation have made the information and communication technologies (ICTs) present in almost all of our personal and also professional activities. The union of concepts such as information technology, internet and telecommunications is a reality demanding the knowledge of professionals capable of working in all three areas. For this reason, the UAB offers a double degree in which students can receive integrated training leading to two diplomas in five years.
Students of the double degree in Computer Engineering (Specialisation in Computer Engineering) + Telecommunication Electronic Engineering will receive training in both the subjects belonging to each degree and interdisciplinary training to help successfully face the professional challenges of the ICTs and acquire a highly valued versatility with which to stand out from other professionals in the sector.
The close relation with advanced technological and research centres of both local and international prestige, and with leading companies from the ICT sector, facilitates student participation in high quality work placements and a successful entry into the labour market.
There is great demand for these types of graduates in ICT and other sectors that make use of these technologies. There is a very wide range of career options and demand is expected to rise in the future. The main areas of employment for graduates are:
Management of ICT projects and computer installations.
- Design and administration of information and communications systems, and complex computer networks.
- Development of computer applications for different sectors, environments and technologies (web, mobile, etc...).
- Design of computers and digital devices that integrate hardware, software and communications (mobile devices, home automation, robots or image processing systems).
- Design and optimisation of high-performance applications (from games to scientific computation).
- Engineering of communication systems for satellite and mobile communications.
- Radio frequency engineering
- Data communication engineering.
- Design of positioning systems.
- Analysis of telematic services.
- Consultancy on communication infrastructure planning.
Consultancy on telecommunications and computer science.