- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Bellaterra Campus
- Duration: 4 courses - 240 credits
- Places: 30
- Admission mark: 5,000
- Price per credit: 17.69 euros
- Language: English (47%), Catalan (48%) and Spanish (5%).
- Academic calendar
- Learning mode: Classroom-based learning
Graduates in English and Catalan Studies will be capable of combining expert knowledge in both Catalan and English, today's de facto international language. This facilitates entering the workforce in any profession related to languages and multilingualism in any country of the European Union, such as the teaching of English and/or Catalan and cultural mediation, as well as in highly qualified business, tourist and other cultural professions, etc.
The degree is programmed by the Departments of English and German and of Catalan, making it an ideal setting for the organisation of this type of interdisciplinary studies.
- Teaching and the production of didactic materials in both public and private institutions.
- Language technology applications.
- Tourism, public relations and international relations.
- Cultural counselling and management of documentation tasks for publishers, in collaboration with journals and cultural supplements, the coordination and planning of cultural activities for companies, foundations and public institutions.
- Academic research.
An unforgettable experience. To have the opportunity to learn two languages you like and that are very useful for your professional future is incredibly compensating. As Basil Lanneau Gildersleeve said: "It is astonishing how much enjoyment one can get out of a language that one understands imperfectly". Iman el Hadef Hammad