The Department of Mathematics, which is part of
the UAB Faculty of Science, is the fundamental structure responsible
for organising and developing research and knowledge transfer among
its academic staff and its research staff in training. The Department
is also responsible for teaching mathematics and statistics in
centres, faculties and schools at the UAB, in accordance with their
requirements and the teaching programmes in place, and is responsible
for organising and developing doctoral and postgraduate programmes and
The Department's members are academic staff, research
staff in training, and administration and services staff, as well as
undergraduate and postgraduate students undertaking research
activities under the responsibility of a member of the Department's
The Department's main functions are:
- Coordinating and providing the assigned teaching activities.
- Supporting the teaching and research activities of its staff.
- Promoting and signing contracts related to research and technology
- Participating in the assessment of the quality of
teaching, research and management.
- Promoting the establishment of
contacts with those involved in teaching mathematics in secondary