The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) has agreements with many universities throughout Europe and the globe. To check if your University has an agreement with UAB, you should contact the International Office at your University, or alternatively you can contact us.
If your University has an agreement with the Facultat de Ciències and you have been nominated as an exchange student to this faculty, take into account the following information and procedure.
APPLICATION FORM and DEADLINES
• All incoming Erasmus Students must be selected by their home university and nominated to us.
Partner universities must send the nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines June 1st (for Autumn term) / December 1st (for Spring term).
• Then, you must apply online here until deadline and email a scan copy of your Learning Agreement to email@example.com in order to have the complete admission (home university forms are also accepted).
• LA changes can be made at the beginning of each semester (deadlines are October 31st and March 31st, accordingly).
• Final LA signed and stamped by the student, host and home institution is mandatory in order to issue the Transcript of Records at the end of the exchange period. Find the host coordinators' addresses at Contacta amb nosaltres.
LIST OF COURSES - Choosing your courses in the Faculty of Sciences
SUBJECTS' PROGRAMMES / COURSES' CONTENTS :
See our COURSE CATALOGUE (choose the degree and browse the tab "Study plan" -> structure, guides and skills).
Find courses' codes in the List of courses (Syllabus) for Bachelor degrees (in PDF format)
STUDY GUIDES in the next links:
ALL undergraduatre degrees.
Grau de Ciències Ambientals (BSc in Environmental Sciences).
Grau d'Estadística Aplicada (BSc in Applied Statistics).
Grau de Física (BSc in Physics).
Grau de Geologia (BSc in Geology).
Grau de Matemàtiques (BSc in Mathematics).
Grau de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia (BSc in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology).
Grau de Química (BSc in Chemistry).
• Courses taught in English:
Some courses from the Facultat de Ciències are taught in English. Check the student's guide (search for footnotes indicating "Docència en anglès / Subject taught in English" ). Most courses are tautght in Catalan or Spanish.
WARNING it is compulsory to enrol at least 50% ECTS from the Facultat de Ciències. Courses from other faculties or schools are at your own risk. Check availability and enrolment procedure at the corresponding UAB exchange offices.
• MASTER LEVEL COURSES:
All "Official UAB" Type masters are open to exchange students. Access is restricted, depending on the student's background, the number of passed ECTS, the available spots and the coordinator's acceptance. Maximum 30ECTS/a.y. Send your home transcript of records along with your Learning Agreement. Most master programmes are taught in English.
Masters with column "Type" as "Erasmus Mundus" or "Inter-university" are not open to regular Erasmus+ study.
• TIMETABLE and CLASSROOMS for Lectures & Exams:
http://www.uab.cat/ciencies/ -> Informació Acadèmica -> Horaris i Exàmens curs 2014-15
• CALENDAR: http://www.uab.cat/ciencies -> Informació Acadèmica -> Calendari Acadèmic curs 2014-15
• Exchange students do not have language requirements, but take into account next information.
• Recomended level is B1 for Catalan, Spanish and English lectures.
• Most courses are taught in Catalan ( free courses for exchange students -see Special prices section-), others in Spanish (Language courses available at Servei de Llengües).
• Meet a language partner with Tandem programme.
• Try the online Experience University in Catalan and Parla.cat.
• "Access to the UAB for foreign and exchange students" HandBook UAB (cat es en) and General Information (cat es en).
• A pocket guide (cat es en) to enjoying your stay (80 tips).
ACCOMODATION, TRANSPORTS & LIVING AT UAB
• Our campus provides many facilities about accommodation.
• See how to reach the UAB. Mobility and transport in the campus.
• Join Mentor Programme or welcome programmes to have a better experience.
International Welcome Days are scheduled each semester.
• ESN (Erasmus Student Network Barcelona) .
Should you have any questions, please contact Oficina d'Intercanvis
Help us to improve our Exchange web pages.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
last update February 5th, 2015 hour 19:00