The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) has agreements with many universities throughout Europe and the globe. To check if your University has an agreement with UAB, you should contact the International Office at your University, or alternatively you can contact us.
If your University has an agreement with the Facultat de Ciències and you have been nominated as an exchange student to this faculty, take into account the following information and procedure.
NOMINATION / APPLICATION FORM / DEADLINES
• NOMINATION All incoming exchange students must be selected and nominated by their home university. Partner universities must send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadlines are:
For Autumn semester : June 1
For Spring semester: December 1
• APPLICATION FORM After being nominated, you have to apply online.
Application Forms must be received by the application deadline or they cannot be considered:
For Autumn semester: May 1 to June 15
For Spring semester: November 1 to December 10
• LEARNING AGREEMENT In order to prepare your exchange properly, you are recommended sending their proposal of Erasmus+ Learning Agreement to email@example.com. However, you will be able to change it after your arrival in case of timetable conflict, course cancellation, extension/reduction of your stay, etc. Deadlines for LA changes:
For Autumn semester courses: October 31
For Spring semester courses: March 31
COURSE CATALOGUE - Choosing your courses in the Faculty of Sciences
Here is our COURSE CATALOGUE. Choose the degree and browse tabs "Study plan structure", "Study guides".
Study guides have complete information (course code and name, semester, teacher's name, language of instruction, etc).
Syllabus 2014-15 for Bachelor degrees in PDF format
STUDY GUIDES in the following links:
ALL undergraduatre degrees.
Grau de Ciències Ambientals (Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science).
Grau d'Estadística Aplicada (Bachelor's Degree in Applied Statistics).
Grau de Física (Bachelor's Degree in Physics).
Grau de Geologia (Bachelor's Degree in Geology).
Grau de Matemàtiques (Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics).
Grau de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia (Bachelor's Degree in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology).
Grau de Química (Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry).
• COURSES TAUGHT IN ENGLISH:
Most undergraduate courses are taught in Catalan. Only a few in Spanish or English. However you can write your exams in English or Spanish too.
For courses taught in English check the syllabus (search for footnotes indicating "Docència en anglès / Subject taught in English").
WARNING it is compulsory to take a minimum of 50% ECTS from Facultat de Ciències (your faculty of admission). Courses from other faculties or schools are at your own risk. Check availability and application procedure at the corresponding UAB exchange office.
• MASTER LEVEL COURSES:
Only "Official UAB" type masters from Faculty of Science are open to exchange students. However, access is restricted, depending on student's background, number of your previous ECTS passed, available spots and coordinator's acceptance. Maximum 30ECTS/academic year. Send your previous transcript of records along with your Learning Agreement. Most master programmes are taught in English.
Masters with column "Type" labelled "Erasmus Mundus" or "Inter-university" are not open to regular Erasmus+ students.
• TIMETABLE and CLASSROOMS for Lectures & Exams:
http://www.uab.cat/ciencies/ -> Informació Acadèmica -> Horaris i Exàmens curs 2014-15
• CALENDAR: http://www.uab.cat/ciencies -> Informació Acadèmica -> Calendari Acadèmic curs 2014-15
• Exchange students do not have language requirements, but take into account the following information.
• Recomended level is B1 for Catalan, Spanish and English lectures.
• Most courses are taught in Catalan ( free courses for exchange students -see Special prices section-), others in Spanish (Language courses available at Servei de Llengües).
• Meet a language partner with Tandem programme.
• Try the online Experience University in Catalan and Parla.cat.
• "Access to the UAB for foreign and exchange students" HandBook UAB (cat es en) and General Information (cat es en).
• A pocket guide (cat es en) to enjoying your stay (80 tips).
ACCOMODATION, TRANSPORTS & LIVING AT UAB
• Our campus provides many facilities about accommodation.
• See how to reach the UAB. Mobility and transport in the campus.
• Join Mentor Programme or welcome programmes to have a better experience.
International Welcome Days are scheduled each semester.
• ESN (Erasmus Student Network Barcelona) .
Should you have any questions, please contact Oficina d'Intercanvis
Help us to improve our Exchange web pages.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
last update April 27th, 2015 hour 19:00