Bachelor's Degree in Physics + Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry
The combination of the Bachelor's Degrees in Physics and Chemistry aims to provide future professionals with top level quality training which unites dominion in physics with a solid knowledge in chemistry in terms of composition, properties and reactivity at atomic and molecular levels. With the double degree, students acquire a solid scientific base of the key theoretical, experimental and practical concepts of physics and chemistry.
Students acquire an interdisciplinary scientific training and the capacity of analysis and abstraction, as well as the necessary practical skills that allow them to take on challenges and further develop their career efficiently in the academic, scientific and technological fields.
Student ProfileThe ideal student for this course should have the following qualities:
- Curiosity, ability to observe and analyse phenomena, and deductive ability.
- Ability to reason with logic and a rigorous analysis.
- Abstract reasoning skill.
- Interest in research and experimentation.
- Interest in new technologies.
- Mathematical abilities.
- Ability to work in an ordered, rigorous and methodical way.
It is recommendable to have a good level in mathematics, physics and chemistry, plus a knowledge of English.
Career optionsIn addition to teaching and research, graduates in Physics have access to the following professional areas:
- Public administration.
- Consultancies (energy, materials, the environment).
- Computing and telecommunications.
- Chemical industry: production or sales.
- Industries (optics, new materials, pharmaceuticals).
- Medicine (radioactive facilities, exploration instruments, biomolecular chemistry).
EvaluationECTS methodology consists of continued assessment of all academic work done by students.
Timetables1st year: Mornings (subjects in Chemistry) and afternoons (subjects in Physics)
All other years: Mornings (subjects in Physics) and afternoons (subjects in Chemistry)
Number of credits: 343 ECTS
Duration: 5 years
Period of study: Six-monthly / Annual
Part-time or full-time: Full-time dedication. Part-time option available.
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail