Call for Language Grants for Students Carrying Out Work Experience Abroad (2023)
To facilitate UAB students’ language-level certification after an internship abroad.
Grants are available for students of bachelor's degrees, official master's degrees and doctoral degrees who were registered at any UAB centre during the 2022–2023 academic year, and who have received an Erasmus+ Internship or UAB Exchange Programme Traineeship grant, or other internships abroad managed by UAB centres or departments for the 2022–2023 academic year.
Applicants must have completed an internship abroad.
They must also have taken and passed a language exam organised by the UAB or organisations located at the UAB (such as the UAB Language Service, the Camões Institute, the Confucius Institute of Barcelona, or the Sejong Barcelona Institute) throughout 2023.
Only one grant can be awarded per person and per call.
Date of submission to the Agency convener
Applications and supporting documentation can be submitted in the following ways:
1. In person, at the General Registry located in the Central Executive Building (Rectorat) or through auxiliary registries.
2. Electronically, via https://seuelectronica.uab.cat/info-sol-licitud-generica. Please note that the application form, duly completed and signed, must also be attached.
Documents required for submission in this application process:
- Printed application form, (available in the annex to this call for applications).
- Photocopy of the applicant’s DNI, NIE or passport.
- If the language exam has not been taken at the UAB Language Service, a certified photocopy of the certificate certifying a pass grade for the corresponding exam must be submitted. This certificate must specify the language level of the said exam, in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- If the exam has not been taken at the UAB Language Service, proof of payment for the exam must be submitted.
- If the grant applicant is not a beneficiary of an Erasmus+ Internships or UAB Exchange Programme Traineeship grant, but the university has accepted that they have completed an academic internship abroad, they must present a certificate from the company, organisation or research group in which they carried out the internship, certifying that the internship was completed.
The period for submitting applications begins on the date when the call is published and ends on 24 November 2023.
93 581 13 25
In order to expedite the grant award process, the Language Service decides on applications as they arrive on behalf of the Language Policy Commission, except in the month of August. The Language Service reports annually to the Language Policy Commission on its resolutions concerning these grants.
The resolution will be publicised on the UAB grants website (http ://www.uab.cat/beques-ajuts/) one month after the closing date of each deadline for the submission of applications.