UAB's virtual fair for master's degrees, graduate courses and PhDs
Information sessions will be held online from 17 to 21 of May: clear up any doubts you may have directly with the coordinators of your next master's degree, graduate course or PhD programme. Registration is open!
This is an innovative master's degree in its sector given that there are no other regulated programmes specifically focused in the management of mountain areas and their surroundings.
The collaboration between the Departments of Geography of the five universities offering this master's degree: University of Lleida (coordinating university), Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, University of Girona, University of Barcelona and Rovira i Virgili University provides a guarantee of quality thanks to their long-lasting academic and research tradition in a wide range of mountain-related subjects.
The Official Master's Degree in Management of Mountain Areas aims to train students to become experts in a sustainable management of mountains: capable of providing innovative and viable solutions within current legislation frameworks and policies, and provide them with the skills needed to work with and direct interdisciplinary teams in public organisms and entities, as well as generate entrepreneurial actions locally and globally.
The master's degree poses a comprehensive vision of mountains with the aim of acquiring professional skills in:
- The analysis and interpretation of environmental singularities and associated natural risks.
- Understanding of intersectional problems of mountain areas and the search for comprehensive solutions.
- Recognition of the use of different regulations related to the ordinance of mountain areas.
- Conception and unraveling of initiatives within the socioeconomic context of mountains.
- Sustainable management of mountain areas.
The study of physical aspects and environmental limitations are an important part of the master's degree, but at the same time relevance is given to the economical and social dynamics. The programme also counterbalances learning about the characteristic environmental and socio-economical aspects of mountains with knowledge on the management and ordinance of these areas.
Due to the specific features of mountains in the Mediterranean area, the master's degree covers characteristics and situations that are not only typical of Alpine mountains, but also dry, mid-altitude and low mountains.
- Promoters, technicians and directors in local, regional and state administration sectors.
- Technicians and directors of natural parks, museums, interpretation centres and other cultural institutions.
- Local business initiative developers and workers in sectors such as tourism and other leisure activities.
- Consultancy services focusing on the environment, urban planning and economic development.