Admission Official Master's Degree in Spanish Language, Hispanic Literature and Spanish as a Foreign Language
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission requirementsAdmission requirements are as follows:
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in the field of Spanish language and literature, though degrees in other romance languages or in arts and humanities, journalism or communication sciences will also be taken into consideration.
2. Students from other countries are asked to present the DELE diploma (level B2 or C1) or take an exam at the Language Service of the UAB.
If the master's coordinator considers it necessary, in view of the documents provided by applicants, these may be required, on admission, to take up to 15 credits in bridging courses on Spanish language and literature.
Should the number of applicants be higher than that of places on offer, these will be allocated according to the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree related to Spanish philology: 30%
- Academic transcript: 40%
- Curriculum vitae: 30%
If necessary candidates will be interviewed as a complementary part of the selection process.
Complementary trainingIf the master's coordinator considers it necessary, in view of the documents provided by applicants, these may be required, on admission, to take up to 15 credits in bridging courses on Spanish language and literature. These courses give a grounding in this area from which to approach the subject matter of the master's degree.
The designated bridging courses are:
- Spanish as a Foreign Language for Translators and Interpreters 1, 9 credits
- Spanish Literature, 6 credits
- Spanish Literature and Scientific Spanish, 9 credits