Study plan Bachelor's Degree in Catalan and Spanish
- Students must be capable of applying their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and they should have building arguments and problem resolution skills within their area of study.
- Students must be capable of collecting and interpreting relevant data (usually within their area of study) in order to make statements that reflect social, scientific or ethical relevant issues.
- Students must have and understand knowledge of an area of study built on the basis of general secondary education, and while it relies on some advanced textbooks it also includes some aspects coming from the forefront of its field of study.
- Students must be capable of communicating information, ideas, problems and solutions to both specialised and non-specialised audiences.
- Students must develop the necessary learning skills to undertake further training with a high degree of autonomy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the rules of Catalan and Spanish and mastery of their applications in the academic and professional fields.
- Identify and interpret literary texts in different languages, analysing the generic, formal, thematic and cultural traits in accordance with the concepts and methods of comparative and literary theory.
- Recognise the most significant periods, traditions, tendences, authors and works in Catalan and Spanish literature in their historical and social contexts.
- Identify the foundation of human language and the principles methods and results of structural language analysis.
- Analyse the main phonetic, phonological, morphological, syntactic, lexical and semantic properties of the Catalan and Spanish languages, their historical evolution and their current structure.
- Use the methodology and concepts of literary analysis taking into account the sources and the historical and social context.
- Analyse the main factors of linguistic variation in the Catalan and Spanish languages, whether historical-political, diatopical, semantic or pragmatic and their historical evolution and current state.
- Carry out historical-type studies on tendences, genres and authors of the Catalan and Spanish literary tradition.
- Critically apply different analytical instruments to different types of linguistic data, whether in synchronic or diachronic.
- Apply the techniques and methods of critical edition and digital processing to the analysis and processing of written texts and multimedia archives.
- Produce arguments applicable to the areas of Catalan and Spanish philology, literary theory and linguistics and evaluate their academic relevance.
- Demonstrate skills for professional development in the area of linguistic applications, teaching and literary and cultural management in Catalan and Spanish.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously and in teams with the aim of attaining the planned objectives in multicultural and interdisciplinary contexts.
- Use digital tools and specific documentary sources for identifying and organisation information.
- Apply ethical scientific principles in information processing.
- Carry out effective written work and oral presentations adapted to the appropriate register in different languages.