Master's Degree in Theory and Practice of Creative Documentary Making
IntroductionOver the last seventeen years, together with the many students who have taken our course, we have explored the possibilities of documentary cinema, trying to remain constantly at the forefront of its development, which has been extraordinary in this period.
In this time we have therefore opted to reflect deeply on theoretical issues in order to enrich the practical side of the course. As well as learning all facets of the documentary technique, we want our students to be able to reflect on its scope and its characteristics. We are convinced that this is the only way to develop the imagination needed to understand reality and be creative.
The documentary is on the rise and is finding new channels for production and exhibition while at the same time developing new languages, among which are the documentary websites, or interactive documentaries, to which we have devoted particular attention over the last four editions, in parallel to our focus on traditional documentaries.
Because we believe in our students and their creative capacity we offer them the chance to join us in exploring the new paths taken by documentary cinema, which bring together a wide variety of interests: aesthetic, technological, communicative and reflective. We try to include all these possibilities in our graduate diploma, which aims for versatility in response to the complexity of today's audiovisual arts.
ObjectivesOffer students the theoretical and practical tools needed to design and produce documentaries offering a new insight into the problems and aspects of reality.
Offer students the capacity in all areas related to contemporary documentary in the academic and industrial sectors.
University degree of at least 180 ECTS or equivalent from the different areas of communication, arts, and the humanities.
- Non-fiction cinema direction and production.
- Fulfilment of the roles required in the making of any film: director, producer, screenwriter, sound technician, director of photography or editor.
- Director or producer of interactive documentaries and transmedia.
- Story architects for interactive documentaries and transmedia.
- Director of cultural studies and interdisciplinary projects.
- Teaching work related to communication and the cinema.
- Cinema writing and criticism specialising in non-fiction.
- Research into documentary cinema or non-fiction cinema, geared to publication.
- Management of film festivals and other specialist areas of culture and the arts.
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Casa de Convalescčncia, Hospital de Sant Pau, Barcelona / Citilab Cornellā
Dates: from 02/10/2017 to 31/07/2018
Departamento de Comunicaciķn Audiovisual y Publicidad
TV3 Televisiķ de Catalunya
TVE Televisiķn Espaņola
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.