Master's Degree in Support for Educational and Social Inclusion
IntroductionThe master's degree is based on the graduate diploma entitled Education Studies: Therapeutic Pedagogy, and is a response to the new and changing scenarios in education. Its goal is clear: to train educational practitioners to provide the necessary support in their classrooms and schools for those with special needs, in the spirit of education for all.
The Catalan Department of Education's Resolution ENS/113/2012, of 25 January, accords this master's degree the status of specialisation course for teachers, recognising it as training in attention to diversity.
Objectives- Analyse specific support needs related to disability in processes of educational and social inclusion.
- Design, apply and evaluate personal or contextual intervention initiatives, together with other education professionals, to favour processes of educational and social inclusion of persons with specific support needs.
-Apply and diversify educational strategies to favour attention to all in the general educational and social context.
- Diploma holder in teaching and all specialities.
- Diploma holder in Social Education and Social Work.
- Degree in Teaching, Psychology or Educational Psychology.
- Bologna Degree in Primary Education, Pre-School Education, Teaching, Social Education or Psychology.
- Degree with CAP certificate/Master in Secondary Education.
- Anyone with a university degree or diploma and complementary training or work experience related to the subject area of the Masters degree.
Those who obtain this master's degree will be able to provide the necessary support in their classrooms and schools for those with special needs, in the spirit of education for all, work as equals in processes of educational and social inclusion, and foster the creation of networks to provide the educational support that functional diversity requires.
Career options include the following:
- early childhood, primary and special education at local authority schools and semi-private schools, when in possession of a university degree or diploma in teaching, or when undertaking teaching practice, in accordance with Resolution ENS/113/2012, of 25 January.
- public or private institutions involved in social work and teaching, which deal with persons in need of special support.
Maria Garcia Ramón
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Facultat de Ciencias de la Educación, Campus UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
Dates: from 04/10/2017 to 01/07/2018
Catalan (70%), Spanish (30%)
Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.