Master's Degree in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepathology
IntroductionDigestive pathology (gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition) is one of the most common topics of visitation in pediatrics. The residency period (MIR) does not always allow for specific dedication to a specialization for a long period of time.
Currently, there are no official specialization programmes in pediatric subspecialisation. However, pediatric subspecialisations, including pediatric gastroenterology, have been, in fact, a reality for the last 25 years in our country, providing specific, excellent care to infants, children and teenagers with specific pathologies.
For a long time, this training had been offered during 1-2 year periods by volunteers wishing to provide such training, but unable to issue any document certifying graduate training.
The Spanish Society of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Pediatrics Nutrition (SEGHNP), has recently developed a specialization programme in this area so that it may be developed in training units (among them, the Vall d'Hebrón Gastroenterology and Hepatology Unit). Once this training period with the SEGHNP was completed, an Associate's degree in gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition was issued. This degree lacked accreditation in graduate training.
Objectives- Knowledge of the etiology and pathogenesis of much of the acute and chronic pathology of digestive tract illnesses.
- Acquisition of the necessary knowledge and skills to interpret the different diagnostic methods of the specialist area.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical training in the different explorations for the diagnosis and treatment of digestive tract pathology.
- Knowledge of the aspects of a unit of gastroenterology, hepatology and paediatric nutrition.
- Direct participation in ongoing research projects.
- Knowledge and practical experience in planning, carrying out and publishing research projects in the fields of gastroenterology, hepatology and paediatric nutrition.
Bachelor in Medicine and Paediatrics specialists.
The Master in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition will make it easier for pediatricians trained in this area to join hospitals with gastroenterology, hepatology units and cystic fibrosis units.
Oscar Segarra Canton
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Servei de Pediatria, Unitat de Gastroenterologia, Hepatologia i Nutrició de l'Hospital Universitari Vall d'Hebron, Barcelona
Dates: from 08/01/2018 to 28/12/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Pediatría, Obstetricia, Ginecología y Medicina Preventiva
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.