Master's Degree in Fine Chemistry and Polymers
IntroductionEmployability of university graduates is one of the most important social and economic problems of our country. The main objective of this two-year Master's Degree in Fine Chemistry and Polymers, of which 21 months are of internship in a collaborating company, is to extend a proven success model that provides a concrete solution to the problem of the employability of university graduates.
Candidates must pass a pre-selection process according to what is indicated on the program's website: http://pagines.uab.cat/mquimicafinapolimer/es. The documentation can be submitted until September 15. The selected students will receive from the company a financial aid of 300 euros/month (gross) during the first three months of theoretical classes, 900 euros/month (gross) during the next nine months of internship and 1,100 euros/month (gross) during the whole second year. The total amount of the registration (7,920 euros) is assumed by the collaborating company.
The selection process aims at ensuring that all students meet the requirements of the program and that the profile of the student is in line with the requirements of the collaborating company. The details of the selection process are detailed in the section "preinscripción y becas" on the master’s website: http://pagines.uab.cat/mquimicafinapolimer/es. The pre-registration deadline is September 15 and the selection resolution is contemplated for the second half of November.
Objectives- Enable new graduates to find out about the functioning of a fine chemical or polymer company.
- Acquire skills in solving problems in the industrial sector they join applying the knowledge acquired during their university education during the theory part of this Master's degree.
- Familiarise themselves with searches for scientific and technical information and its application in solving problems.
- Learn to interpret and relate the results obtained during the dissertation project.
- Develop the capacity to synthesise and present the experiment results obtained.
- Learn to manage an industrial project in a team and learn time and work management.
As a summary of all the previous objectives, help new graduates enter the labour market and reach positions of responsibility appropriate to their university education and training.
Applicants must have the following.
- A degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Higher Chemical Engineering obtained in the last four years.
- Having been selected by the master's coordination after passing the selection process. Selection by the coordination implies authomatic grant of the collaborating companies' financial assistance.
Careers in any national or multinational company in the fine chemicals or polymers sector.
Joan Carles Bayon Rueda
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Orientation: Research, Professional
Location: Departamento de Química UAB, Bellaterra y empresas colaboradoras
Dates: from 08/01/2019 to 31/12/2020
Departamento de Química
Institut d'Investigació Textil (UPC)
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.