Master's Degree in Criminology
IntroductionCriminology or forensic sciences are defined as the set of disciplines in which the common object is the materialisation of legally admissible evidence discovered using scientific methodologies.
All sciences can become forensic once they are put to use in legal procedures, but there is a need to adapt specific techniques used when providing evidence for research and legal purposes. For this reason, the programme aims to train professionals in Criminology and provide a higher level diploma, recognised by the university, with which graduates can work both professionally and legally in court, using the most advanced techniques in this speciality.
This is a practical training programme that includes all types of practical and current cases, as well as others chosen especially for students to gain and assimilate knowledge. Right from the start of the programme, real life criminology cases are introduced to offer students the chance to write up orientation reports in criminal investigation, as well as others more specifically focused on their line of study, etc.
The programme is designed to go beyond the classic criminalistic studies and represents an answer to the current need of university-level training in advanced techniques used in forensic sciences and their corresponding computer applications.
It was specifically devised to be practical in forensic specialities by providing the knowledge and use of infoanalysis systems which perfect and facilitate acts ofappraisal. For this reason, 50 per cent of lecture hours are conducted in specialised laboratories to help students become familiar with the new technologies.
The programme is addressed to all those related to areas of public and legal security or other university graduates interested in specialising in criminalistic techniques used in court.
You must hold a university degree to be admitted to the programme.
The programme is addressed to members of public security forces, criminologists, detectives, jurists, lawyers, notaries, solicitors, civil servants working for legal administrations, public registry officials, commerce broker, lecturers, biologists, chemists, court appraisers, technicians and specialists in private security, information technologists, linguists.
- Professional criminalists by appointment of the legitimate party in court procedures in matters of technical-ocular, print identification techniques, ballistics, instrumental traces, accidentology and other areas of forensic sciences that are not specifically linked to other degrees.
- Criminalist consultant for institutions or agencies, assessment of procedures, methodologies, reports in the general area of criminology and the area of specialization of the professional.
- Professional criminalists, experts in physical and virtual research, forgery, plagiarism, etc.
- Specialist in document examination and legal expertise in intellectual and industrial property for judicial purposes.
- Listed as court appointed criminalist in judicial procedures.
- Pre-procedural or extra judicial reports and certifications, collaboration with private and public institutions and organisations, professional associations, businesses and entities to fight against fraud in intellectual and industrial property.
The student who successfully completes this programme earns recognition from the professional associations in agreement with the Institute of Graphism Sciences and the Institutional Council of Professors and Directors of Forensic Science Laboratories, with all the advantages established by these institutions for the students of ICG proposed programmes (court appointment list, job board listings, discounts, etc.).
UAB-specific Master's Degree
Location: Casa de Convalescčncia, C/ Sant Antoni Maria Claret 171, Barcelona
Dates: from 13/01/2018 to 02/11/2019
Spanish (90%), English (8%), French (1%), Italian (1%)
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Institut de Cičncies del Grafisme
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.