Graduate Diploma in Surgical Nursing (EUIT Terrassa)
IntroductionPostgraduate training in surgical nursing is needed in order for nurses to acquire or adapt their skills to the complex techniques that are used, to constant technological advances, to demographic changes, to increasing public demand, and to working in large interdisciplinary teams.
The graduate diploma in Surgical Nursing is meant to offer professional development for leadership in specific nursing care in surgery, placing the patient at the centre of the entire perioperational process.
Objectives- Train students to offer all-round nursing care before, during and after surgery.
- Inform students on how to apply the general regulations of the surgical area.
- Provide up-to-date information on the correct use of the technological equipment of a surgical area.
- Teach the basic principles of the different surgical procedures: different surgical specialities, and care during anaesthesia and recovery.
- Introduce students to nursing research aimed at improving care during surgery.
- Give information on legal and ethical matters in surgical nursing.
- Develop skills specific to the area of surgery.
Associate's degree in nursing.
- Circulating nurses in surgical areas in different specializations
- Instrument nurses in surgical areas in different specializations
- Anaesthesiology nurses and post-anaesthetic recovery
- Sterilization centre nurses
- Supervisors and coordinators in surgical areas
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Escola UniversitÓria d'Infermeria i TerÓpia Ocupacional de Terrassa. Carrer de la Riba, 90 - Terrassa - 08221
Dates: from 02/10/2017 to 20/06/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Escuela Universitaria d'Infermeria y Terapia Ocupacional de Terrassa
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.