Graduate Diploma in Music Education
IntroductionThe music unit of the Department of Music, Arts and Dance has a long tradition of continuing education programmes based on the wide experience of most of its faculty in this area.
The drive towards research in a department with no research tradition had diminished the number of courses and graduate certificates offered in music education. With proposals such as this, we are trying to match what was offered in the past, while updating it to the current needs.
On the other hand, there is a historical commitment to developing Learning and Education technologies (TAC) as educational tools in general, and in music education in particular.
Two and a half years ago, a moodle platform was developed to support beginner's education, but what had not been done yet, and it is still very limited today, is to offer music training exclusively online.
In October 2007, the first online graduate certificate in Music Education was launched, and it was able to prove the viability of Learning and Education Technology (TAC) applied to learning music, with 40 students registered and many more applicants.
In this eight edition, adapted to the European credit structure and offering the possibility of completing the entire programme or just certain modules, both in Catalan or Spanish, applications are expected to increase. Also, new content has been added.
Objectives- Increase knowledge and understanding of the repertoire of songs that are useful for musical education. Gain a greater understanding of interpretation criteria.
- Create an online songbook and/or complement existing ones.
- Carry out research into the network of songs and songbooks.
- Research how musical works are organised and structured, establishing connections between the different styles and periods and starting by listening to and analysing the scores.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the notes, language and terminology of music.
- Carry out tuning and ear training exercises to develop recognition of the elements of musical language and an understanding of the musical message.
- Understand, observe, analyse and create teaching resources for music using ICT for Teaching and Learning.
- Understand and carry out music education activities in collaborative electronic environments (web 2.0).
Graduates with a basic knowledge of musical language and harmony.
Music teacher in different educational areas: early childhood, elementary, secondary, university, music schools and conservatories.
Joaquim Miranda Pérez
UAB Graduate Diploma
Orientation: Academic, Professional
Dates: from 09/10/2017 to 21/05/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Didáctica de la Expresión Musical, Plástica y Corporal
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.