Graduate Diploma in Management, Preservation and Dissemination of Photographic Archives
IntroductionA common objective between the Higher School of Archival and Records Management (ESAGED), the Centre for Research and Dissemination of Images (CRDI), the Association of Archival and Records Management of Catalonia (AAC) and the Institute for Photography Studies of Catalonia (IEFC) have made it possible to offer a specialisation in the fields of archival studies and that of photographic studies, in which both areas were lacking specific offers such as those available with the graduate course in Management of Photographic Documents.
This graduate course aims firstly to fulfil the need of many organisations, public and private, to organise and conveniently make use of their photographic contents and collections. Secondly, it aims to provide professionals of the photography sector with different strategies and tools to help them to improve the management and commercialisation of their photographic production.
The programme takes into account several aspects which are essential for the correct management of photographic documentary material. The course is thus structured into different modules, each focusing on a specific aspect intervening in management. The programme is conducted in collaboration with professionals of renowned prestige in their areas.
Objectives- Communicate the history of photography from a technical, social and cultural viewpoint, with the aim of adequately contextualising materials.
- Establish fundamental criteria to be used as the basis for policies on the heritage of photography.
- Communicate from a technical viewpoint what is chemical photography and digital image.
- Create the theoretical and methodological bases for the adequate conservation of photography.
- Offer a methodology for the management, organisation and dissemination of contents and collections.
- Attend to the specific needs of creating and managing digital images.
You must hold a university degree to be admitted. The graduate programme is addressed to professionals and future professionals, archivists, photographers, librarians, documentalists, museologists, curators, researchers, and collectionists.
If you have professional experience in the field of photography you may also be admitted. In this case however you will be issued a Certificate of Attendance upon completion of the course.
- Communication media (press, television and multimedia)
- Archival services for local, regional and state administrative services
- Archives belonging to institutions and public entities
- Archives belonging to professional associations
- Archives belonging to religious institutions
- Firms dedicated to the organisation and custody of archives
- Information technology businesses
- Business records
- University and teaching centre records
- Image banks and photo libraries
- Specialised libraries and documentation centres
Joan Pérez Ventayol
UAB Graduate Diploma
Dates: from 30/10/2017 to 26/07/2019
Esc. Superior de Archivística y Gestión de Documentos
Associació d'Arxivers de Catalunya
Centre de Recerca i Difusió de la Imatge
Institut d'Estudis Fotogràfics de Catalunya (IEFC)
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.