Graduate Diploma in Integrated Intensive Care for Cardiovascular and/or Respiratory Pathologies
IntroductionDeath rates for cardiovascular and respiratory emergencies have been reduced in recent decades, probably as a result of healthier lifestyles and medical developments. Even so, practically half of all deaths are the result of cardiovascular conditions, mainly heart attacks, especially among people from 40 to 65 years old.
Also, deaths caused by serious lung conditions still stands at 40% today, with 50 cases for every 100,000 people per year.
A reduction in mortality among patients with cardiorespiratory conditions depends greatly on receiving immediate, high level treatment in situ, care during the transport and transfer of the patient and also the capacity for the receiving hospital and the qualification of the prehospital and hospital teams.
- Stay abreast of scientific, humanistic and sociological theory and, on this basis, acquire the skills and attitudes needed to care for seriously or critically ill patients with cardiorespiratory pathology.
Learn protocols for solving clinical problems in patients with cardiorespiratory pathology, so as to optimise planning, assessment, diagnosis, and formulation and application of the treatment plan.
- Learn to judge what kind of help patients and their relatives need.
- Learn nursing interventions to provide the help needed by severe patients and their relatives.
- Improve the professional skills needed in pre-hospital and hospital contexts.
Learn to use the specific instruments and material.
Learn technical skills (venipuncture, airway management, etc.) for tackling the different clinical situations.
-Stay abreast of the theoretical and practical knowledge needed to intervene appropriately in a life support situation, following the directives of the European Resuscitation Council.
- Resolve clinical case simulations by making an initial judgment, taking effective decisions and providing the appropriate treatment in a logical sequence.
Clinical placement block:
- Apply the knowledge and techniques learnt on the course.
- Train specifically in hospital (ICU) and pre-hospital care and assisted transport of critical or potentially critical patients.
- Improve the ability to build a relationship with patients and their families.
Research methodology block:
-Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to implement a research protocol in the health sciences.
- Analyse a research paper.
- Recognise the usual elements of the statistical and epidemiological method.
- Select and apply statistical and epidemiological techniques that fit the research objectives.
- Write a scientific statement
University degree in Nursery
- Hospital care (A&E, resuscitation, intensive care)
- Pre-hospital care (mobile nursing and/or medical care units)
Ester Freixa Fornell
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Institut Universitari Fundació Parc Taulí (Sabadell)
Dates: from 18/09/2018 to 19/02/2019
Catalan (70%), Spanish (30%)
Instituto Universitario Fundación Parc Taulí
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.