Graduate Diploma in Communication and Political Leadership
IntroductionThis graduate diploma is based on the conviction that leadership competences in politics are closely related to communication competences.
The interactions that take place in political parties and social organisations regarding the nature of leadership demand a commitment to justice, progress and citizens' well-being. Political leadership requires competences for grasping situations and understanding people and their needs, taking decisions on a variety of complex issues, and steering organisations. These skills are closely tied up with the need to give explanations in keeping with each situation, to persuade and motivate, and to use discourse that is not only coherent but also substantial and useful in its content. The tools for this are effective expression and communication.
The Graduate Diploma in Communication and Political Leadership is aimed at those working, or intending to work, in high-responsibility posts in politics, trade unions, and civic movements and organisations, both in the public and the private sectors, and who wish to develop their competences further by adding to their knowledge and resources and sharpening their communication and leadership skills.
The field of communication is probably limitless in scope. This diploma programme, however, focuses on leadership and communication in politics. It deals with issues of current interest and uses advanced methodologies based on active student participation and practical work in a variety of scenarios.
Objectives- Progress in the mastery of communication and personal and media interaction techniques.
- Improve the capacity to construct political and social discourse and express it in an efficient manner, adapted to each particular purpose and circumstance.
- Gain a deeper understanding of communicative situations which occur in the area of social and political leadership.
- Assimilate criteria, attitudes and points of action which correspond to unfavourable situations of leadership and communication.
- Dominate the techniques and that are useful for improving efficiency in the leadership of teams and projects.
- Understand and know how to apply resources to optimise interpersonal relations and climate in the management of leadership and communication in the political arena and the area of social action.
- Know how to construct and manage an individual virtual identity.
- Bachelor's degree or pre-EHEA diploma.
Access is also open to students with no previous university qualifications, but who do have proven professional experience in management and/or communication. These students will receive a certificate on successfully meeting the assessment requirements.
- High-responsibility posts in political parties and public and private institutions.
- Political work at local, regional, national and international levels.
- Work involving team organisation and leadership.
- Strategic planning, project execution and personal and media-based communication.
- Consultancy on political or management matters in public and private institutions.
Tomas Peire Fernandez
UAB Graduate Diploma
Location: Escola de Postgrau Facultat dde Cičncies de la Comunicació i instal.lacions externes
Dates: from 13/10/2017 to 16/06/2018
Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
Departamento de Periodismo y de Ciencias de la Comunicación
Escola Xavier Soto
Contact the programme manager *Required fields
You will receive a copy of your query by e-mail immediately and we will also include a PDF with all the information about the programme.