Official Master's Degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology
AccessAccess to this master's degree is open to holders of an official bachelor's degree from a Spanish university or from another higher education institution within or outside the European Higher Education Area, provided this gives access to postgraduate studies in the country of issue.
Admission requirementsTo enrol in this degree you should have prior training in the area of Anthropology, although you will also be accepted if you have a degree in the Humanities or in Social Sciences. Those who do not have a sufficient level of training in Anthropology may take a two-week level 0 course (40 class hours, 6 ECTS credits) given by lecturers of the master's degree. The course is offered before the beginning of first-semester classes (in the second half of September). Knowledge of English (level B2) is required.
Selection criteriaApplicants will be admitted according to the following selection criteria (with a maximum score of 100):
- Curriculum Vitae [max. 40 points]. Prior training in Anthropology will be valued and a maximum of points will be given to those with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Social and Cultural Anthropology.
- Student record [max. 25 points].
- Certified knowledge of French (B1) [15 points].
- Reference letters from previous lecturers [max. 10 points].
- Cover letter and reasons why you are interested in the master's degree, as well as an explanation of the project you intend to carry out during the course [max. 10 points].
Complementary trainingFirst-time students who do not have the necessary level of knowledge in Anthropology will be offered an intense level 0 course lasting two weeks (40 class hours) and worth 6 ECTS credits. The course is offered by lecturers from the master's degree and takes place before classes begin (in the second half of September). The contents of this course are:
- History of Anthropology
- Key Concepts and Comprehension of Diversity
- Epistemology and Research Methods
- Fieldwork: research techniques in anthropology
- Critical Theory
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Master's degree website http://creole.univie.ac.at/