Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science + Bachelor's Degree in Geology
This double Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science and Geology provides training of the highest calibre for future professionals, by combining a command of environmental science with a command of geology. Its syllabus is innovative and multidisciplinary, combining experimental sciences and social sciences and prioritising practical learning in the field and laboratory.
These studies are aimed at providing future professionals with the skills needed to face the scientific, technological and academic challenges of human development and its effects on system Earth through a multidisciplinary, holistic approach. The objective is to use the planet's resources in a sustainable way to improve its inhabitants' living conditions.
The degree in Environmental Science and Geology combines the course objectives of both degrees, so that students acquire a sound scientific, technical and social knowledge base on basic concepts of earth and environmental sciences, both theoretical and applied, along with a well-rounded, interdisciplinary training in science. The profile of graduates will be that of a dual professional, legally recognised both by the Official Association of Geologists and the Association of Environmental Scientists of Catalonia.
This double degree is a chance to create a new generation of professionals to meet the needs of today's society: better trained and with better career options. In addition, the double degree leads on to Master's and PhD studies at internationally recognised research centres.
The ideal student for this course should have the following qualities:
- Interest in nature, the Earth and the environment: Climate change, management of natural resources, renewable energies, natural spaces, control of pollution.
- Curiosity, observational and deductive skills:
- Ability to reason with logic and a rigorous analysis.
- Manual dexterity and spatial conception.
- Order, rigour and method when working in an interdisciplinary context.
- Capacity to work in groups with people from other cultures and in different international contexts.
- Interest in research and experimentation.
- Good level in upper secondary-school science subjects.
- Good level of English
Career options include working as environmental scientists or geologists, as well as jobs combining the two, and our graduates are particularly competent in the following areas:
- Prevention, analysis, control and treatment of pollution.
- Geotechnics applied to civil engineering and environmental planning.
- Development of renewable energy sources and energy efficiency:
- Managing protected natural areas
- Environmental impact assessment and auditing.
- Regional organisation and strategic planning.
- Restoration of polluted zones.
- Environmental and geological risk prevention
- Geological consultancy and environmental management.
- Exploration, exploitation and management of mineral, energy, water and forest resources.
- Management of waste collection points and waste recycling.
- Geological and geographic mapping.
- Teaching in secondary and higher education.
- Environmental and scientific education and communication.
- Mediation in environmental and geological conflicts.
Teaching staff list
EvaluationContinuous assessment, taking into account all the student's work, generally by means of classroom tests, assignments and overall exams.
TimetablesMornings and afternoons.
Number of credits: 342 ECTS
Duration: 5 years
Period of study:
Registration is annual but the course is organised into semesters. Year-long and semester-long subjects are combined.
Part-time or full-time: Full-time dedication. Part-time option available.
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail