Criminology + Law
The double degree in Criminology and Law allows you to earn two degrees in five and a half years, given that you will be studying both syllabuses simultaneously.
A graduate in criminology and law can work in two professions and this makes it a degree especially recommended for those interested in a professional legal career focused on meeting the needs of criminology in the most adequate manner possible (as judges, prosecutors, heads of police, criminal lawyers, prison directors, heads of attention to victims' departments, etc.).
- A predisposition towards justice, interest in social issues, preoccupation for ethical values and social pacification.
- Tendency to participate in solutions for social problems, interest in empirical disciplines and a wish to search for the truth.
- Skills in interpersonal relationships, negotiations and conflict resolution.
- Sufficient level of English to understand scientific texts.
The programming and sequencing of these two degrees guarantee the training of professionals capable of meeting the demands of law graduates, mainly:
- As a lawyer, either self-employed or as part of a law firm.
- Access to posts in the public administration, both at local level (city councils), at regional level (autonomous communities), at national level (in justice administration departments), and at international level (United Nations, European Council or entities belonging to the European Union).
The degree in Criminology provides graduates with a special capacity to work professionally in a set of crime-related areas, given that the scientific skills acquired to prevent and treat delinquency improves the effectiveness of social control agents and favours crime fighting techniques.
- Technical consultancy to judges and lawyers.
- Execution of sentences and safety measures in the fields of both adult and juvenile delinquency.
- Mediation and extra-judicial conflict resolution.
- Attention to victims.
- Assessment of public policies and programmes aimed at social reinsertion projects.
Teaching staff list
EvaluationWork placements and exams are combined to allow for a continuous evaluation.
TimetablesAplicación consulta de horarios
Number of credits: 381
Duration: 5.5 years
Period of study: Six-monthly
Part-time or full-time: Full-time dedication
Contact us for more information filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail