EspaŮol como Lengua Extranjera (A1 MCER)/ Spanish as a Foreign Language (level A1 CEFR)

UAB Barcelona Summer School

Number of credits: 6 European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS)
Course Fee: 850 €
Teaching Language: Spanish 
Place: UAB Campus Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès), Barcelona
Teaching Period: 21 June to 9 July

*Not open for UAB students

Enrol now

Enrolment guidelines

Contact: summer@uab.cat

 

PROFESSOR BIO INFORMATION

Belén Garí Aguilera received her degree in Spanish Philology from the Universitat de Barcelona in 1986, within the speciality of Literature. She subsequently entered the field of teaching Spanish as a foreign language. In this context she has taught Spanish to Maghrebi immigrants in Barcelona, as well as developing a teacher’s training seminar for volunteers. 

She earned her Master Degree in Teacher Education in Spanish as Foreign Language from the Universitat de Barcelona in 1994. She presented her research report on Learning Strategies.From 2001 to the present, she is teaching Spanish at Servei de Llengües (Language Service) at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona to students from many different countries all over the world.

  • UAB Language Service
  • E-mail: belen.gari@uab.cat

 

ACADEMIC GUIDE      

Contents overview

This course is aimed at students of Summer School subjects who want to start learning Spanish as a foreign language at a basic level. The aim is to reach level A1 of the CEFRL: this effectively means understanding and using familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases for highly specific objectives.             

This course places an emphasis on classroom activity. Classroom hours cover the basic objectives of the course syllabus. Students work both under their teacher’s supervision and independently; when not supervised, they will use the resources provided by the teacher or the online resources of UAB Idiomes Campus.


Week programme

Español como Lengua Extranjera (A1 MCER)/ Spanish as a Foreign Language (level A1 CEFR)
 Week   Contents Teaching/learning activities
1

Recursos comunicativos y léxicos

  • dar y pedir información personal
  • saludar y responder
  • preguntar por palabras y significados
  • describir y ubicar lugares.
  • dar y pedir información de un lugar.
  • nacionalidades
  • profesiones
  • números
  • aficiones
  • geografía
  • lugares de interés

Recursos gramaticales

  • tres conjugaciones
  • género de los sustantivos y los adjetivos
  • artículos
  • presente de indicativo
  • Hay/estar/ser
  • Actividades de contextualización y comprensión e introducción en el tema.
  • Actividades de reflexión y exploración de los recursos.
  • Actividades de práctica y comunicación
  • Tarea final (destrezas integradas)
2

Recursos comunicativos y léxicos

  • dar y pedir información personal
  • saludar y responder
  • preguntar por palabras y significados
  • describir y ubicar lugares.
  • dar y pedir información de un lugar.
  • nacionalidades
  • profesiones
  • números
  • aficiones
  • geografía
  • lugares de interés

Recursos gramaticales

  • tres conjugaciones
  • género de los sustantivos y los adjetivos
  • artículos
  • presente de indicativo
  • Hay/estar/ser
  • Actividades de contextualización y comprensión e introducción en el tema.
  • Actividades de reflexión y exploración de los recursos.
  • Actividades de práctica y comunicación
  • Tarea final (destrezas integradas)
3

Recursos comunicativos y léxicos

  • hablar de la habitualidad
  • expresar frecuencia
  • pedir y dar la hora.
  • hablar de horarios
  • hablar de planes de futuro
  • actividades cotidianas
  • partes del día
  • clima
  • vacaciones

Recursos gramaticales

  • presentes regulares e irregulars
  • verbos reflexivos
  • futuro perifrástico
  • Actividades de contextualización y comprensión e introducción en el tema.
  • Actividades de reflexión y exploración de los recursos.
  • Actividades de práctica y comunicación
  • Tarea final (destrezas integradas)

 

Evaluation

The course has a system of continuous assessment made up of different activities evaluating the four language skills (reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written production and oral production) carried out during the course. These continuous assessment activities represent 60% of the overall grade. Class participation, homework and end-of-unit activities will account for the remaining 40% of the overall grade. Students need a minimum mark of 50% to pass the course.

 

Links and references

Course programme:  https://www.uab.cat/doc/espanyolA1

Coursebook and learning resources: