- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1757/26
- 26th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 19/10/2022
- Finish date: 14/07/2023
- Places: 25
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 6900 €
Special price 6210 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish
- Location: Casa de Convalescència, Carrer de Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 171, 08041 Barcelona
In this time we have therefore opted to reflect deeply on theoretical issues in order to enrich the practical side of the course. As well as learning all facets of the documentary technique, we want our students to be able to reflect on its scope and its characteristics. We are convinced that this is the only way to develop the imagination needed to understand reality and be creative.
The documentary is on the rise and is finding new channels for production and exhibition while at the same time developing new languages, among which are interactive or expanded documentaries, to which we have devoted particular attention over the last seven editions, in parallel to our focus on traditional documentaries.
Because we believe in our students and their creative capacity we offer them the chance to join us in exploring the new paths taken by documentary cinema, which bring together a wide variety of interests: aesthetic, technological, communicative and reflective. We try to include all these possibilities in our graduate diploma, which aims for versatility in response to the complexity of today's audiovisual arts.
Why is contemporary documentary important for film studios in general, but also for communication or aesthetic studies? Basically, it is because the documentary has become a laboratory of contemporary exhibition modes.
During more than 20 years of existence, the UAB's Master's in Creative Documentary Making has focused on training its students in this line of responsible experimentation, of profound and transcendent creativity, while at the same time opening, through its teachers, lines of research that, in partnership with various institutions, film festivals and art and culture centres, to present the results of what has been a penetrating search for a new aesthetic for the new times.
Career opportunities- Non-fiction cinema direction and production.
- Fulfilment of the roles required in the making of any film: director, producer, screenwriter, sound technician, director of photography or editor.
- Director or producer of interactive documentaries and transmedia.
- Story architects for interactive documentaries and transmedia.
- Director of cultural studies and interdisciplinary projects.
- Teaching work related to communication and the cinema.
- Cinema writing and criticism specialising in non-fiction.
- Research into documentary cinema or non-fiction cinema, geared to publication.
- Management of film festivals and other specialist areas of culture and the arts.
Non-curricular placements are not scheduled, but occasionally a chance arises to put students in contact with companies seeking to hire placement students.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Comunicación Audiovisual y Publicidad
TV3 Televisió de Catalunya
Jorge Tur Moltó