Foundation Year Programme 2023
Study Abroad Foundation Year Programme
- One or two semesters in Barcelona, an open and welcoming city, full of culture and activities.
- In a World Heritage Campus near to Gaudí's Sagrada Família.
- For students who have completed high school or secondary education in their home country and wish to do their undergraduate degree in a Spanish University.
- After successful completion of the Foundation Year programme students will be able to apply to many undergraduate degree programmes, with prior university pre-registration and degree homologation, if required.. See the list for the academic year 2020-21 below.
- Spanish or English language lessons to reach the required B2 level and complementary academic education.
- On successful completion of the programme students receive a UAB certificate with the elected subjects, including the language courses, that could be validated in their future university studies, plus a certificate stating the language level acquired.
Itinerary in Spanish
Module 1: (for non-Spanish speakers only): October 2022 * - March 2023
* Start date for students with A2 level of Spanish.
- Students without prior knowledge of Spanish will have to take a preparatory course during the months of August and September 2022.
- Students with other levels of knowledge of the Spanish language are advised to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Students without the required level of Spanish language can also access the Foundation Year program if they successfully pass the A1 and A2 level Spanish courses at UAB Idiomes Barcelona during the months of August and September.
Module 2: April 2023 - July 2023
Itinerary in English
Module 1: (non-English speaking only): October 2022 * - March 2023
* Start date for students with A2 level of English.
Module 2: April 2023 - July 2023
SUBJECTS TO ACCESS THE DEGREES IN TOURISM AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT
SUBJECTS TO ACCESS THE DEGREE OF PREVENTION AND INTEGRAL SAFETY (these subjects are only available to students of the itinerary in Spanish)
It is possible to access university without taking an entrance exam, as long as students come from non-EU education systems. Access will be granted upon obtaining the approval of homologation of their secondary education diploma. These students will be the last in the process of allocation of places in the September call for university pre-registration. They will not be allowed in the university pre-registration June call.
The UAB Foundation Undergraduate Degrees on the list below have an access mark of 5 and do not require students to sit for a test.
Students doing the Foundation Programme will be able to apply directly after the language and general knowledge preparation and the enrolment process.
- Tourism (taught 100% in English)
- Tourism (taught in Spanish)
- Hotel Management (taught in Spanish)
- Prevention and Integral Safety and Security (taught in Spanish)
For other Undergraduate Degrees you will need to enrol and pass Specific Competence Tests of the Selectivitat (University entrance exam).
We are now registering students in the following modalities:
- Face to Face classes and activities are the base of the programme. Students who are in Barcelona attend classes at the UAB World Heritage Campus in central Barcelona complemented by our online platform.
- register knowing that the programme is guaranteed
- have solutions ready to avoid interruptions to their studies
- know they will start and finish the programme in any circumstances.
- UAB operates comprehensive COVID-19 protocols in all activities.
UAB Study Abroad Foundation Year program prices
The price of the Foundation Year is the same for the Itineraries in Spanish or English. Candidates will be required to take a language proficiency test to be admitted.
- Students who accredit level A2 - Start of the course October 2022 -4980 €
- Students who accredit level B1.1 - Start of the course November 2022 - € 4,150
- Students accrediting level B1.2 - Start of the course December 2022 - € 3,400
- Students who accredit level B2.1 - Start of the course January 2023 - € 2,550
- Students who accredit level B2.2 - Start of the course February 2023 - € 1,740
- Students who accredit level B2.3 - Start of the course March 2023 - 870 €
Students who accredit a higher level or are native speakers of the language can access module 2 directly.
12 ECTS € 1,488 (2 subjects)
18 ECTS € 2,232 (3 subjects)
24 ECTS € 2,976 (4 subjects)
30 ECTS € 3,720 (5 subjects)
Students who require a visa to travel to Spain must enrol a minimum of 24 ECTS credits in module 2.