Foundation Year Programme 2021
Study Abroad Foundation Year Programme
- One or two semesters in Barcelona, an open and welcoming city, full of culture and activities.
- In a World Heritage Campus near to Gaudí's Sagrada Família.
- For students who have completed high school or secondary education in their home country and wish to do their undergraduate degree in a Spanish University.
- After successful completion of the Foundation Year programme students will be able to apply to many undergraduate degree programmes, with prior university pre-registration and degree homologation, if required.. See the list for the academic year 2020-21 below.
- Spanish or English language lessons to reach the required B2 level and complementary academic education.
- On successful completion of the programme students receive a UAB certificate with the elected subjects, including the language courses, that could be validated in their future university studies, plus a certificate stating the language level acquired.
- First trimester: September to December
- Second trimester: January to April
- Third trimester: May to July
The UAB Undergraduate Degrees on the list below have an access mark of 5 and do not require students to sit for an specific competence test.
Students doing the Foundation Year Programme will be able to apply directly after the language and general knowledge preparation and the enrolment process.
- Tourism (taught 100% in English)
- Tourism (taught in Spanish)
- Hotel Management
- Translation and Interpreting (French speciality)
- Catalan and Spanish Studies
- Spanish and Chinese Studies: Language, Literature and Culture
- French Studies
- Art History
- Spanish Language and Literature
- Occupational Therapy
For other Undergraduate Degrees you will need to enrol and pass Specific Competence Tests of the Selectivitat (University entrance exam).
We are now registering students in the following modalities:
- Face to Face classes for students who are in Barcelona to attend classes at the UAB World Heritage Campus in central Barcelona complemented by our online platform.
- Hybrid for students who are unable to attend face to face classes because of travel restrictions. Students will follow the programme for as long as necessary with synchronous and asynchronous online activities with their classmates and professors in Barcelona.
- Online for students who choose to follow the programme 100% online connecting with their classmates and professors in Barcelona.
- take decisions now knowing that the programme is guaranteed
- change the modality before and during the programme according to circumstances and personal preferences
- know they will start and finish the programme in any circumstances.
Tuition fees Study Abroad Foundation Year Programme
36 ECTS Spanish Language: 4,464€
- 12 ECTS: 1,488€
- 18 ECTS: 2,232€
- 24 ECTS: 2,976€
- 30 ECTS: 3,720€