Official Master's Degree in Zoonoses and One Health
The Master's Degree in Zoonosis and One Health is a professionally oriented programme that responds to a need for professionals with a well-rounded, multidisciplinary training encompassing human, animal and environmental health, who can work effectively and collaboratively on the prevention, control, management and communication of biological hazards and threats. This is the concept behind the new term "One Health". It means seeking to defend and improve the health and welfare of all species (humans, animals and plants) through greater cooperation between professionals working in public health, animal health and environmental health, and so to promote a multidisciplinary approach to health risk at the interface between humans, animals and the ecosystem.
The University Master's degree in Zoonosis and One Health will serve to train up highly qualified professionals to work in both the public and the private sector, with a multidisciplinary vision of One Health, in line with the requirements of the major international health bodies, like the World Health Organisation (WHO), the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE). It is the first official master's degree in One Health in the whole of the Mediterranean area.
More information on the master's degree
Career optionsStudents of this master's degree can go on to pursue careers in any of the following areas.
- Risk assessment in general for any sector included in the programme (public, human, animal, plant and environmental health), including monitoring of critical flowchart points for illnesses, in:
- Private companies (food, pharmaceuticals, hospitals, veterinary medicine, phytosanitary products)
- Centres conducting research into public health, animal health or environmental health.
- Risk management in advisory and consultancy services for policies on detection, surveillance and control of diseases in:
- Government bodies at regional, national or international level.
- Non-government, non-profit organisations (NGOs) and private healthcare organisations.
- Research in the field of health and access to PhD studies.
Master's Presentation 2018-19 : To confirm
Timetable: Evenings from 15.00h to 19.00h
First day of class 2018-19: To confirm
Foreign and exchange students
Credits: 60 ECTS
Beginning of the pre-enrolment period 12/01/2018
See the calendar
€82 per credit (non-EU citizens who do not hold a Spanish residence permit). 2018/19 Academic year.
Contact us for more information, filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail