In Company courses
In Company Language Service
Our language service for companies provides a personalized service with high quality and effective training, adapted to your linguistic needs and focused on the development of your employees’ professional skills. Our courses are designed based on a detailed understanding of the client’s needs in order to offer tailor-made training.
We offer face-to-face classes in your company, online courses and bimodal or blended learning (a combination of face-to-face and online). In the last few months we have overcome many new challenges and we realise that companies need flexible solutions, which combine the benefits of online and face-to-face learning. Online classes can be convenient for those students with limited availability and have many advantages, such as:
- Communicating with teacher and classmates in real time
- Watching videos and other relevant resources
- Working in pairs or groups
- Using live chat to ask questions, receive instructions and error correction
If you wish to receive more information or have any queries, can advise you about the best option for your company free of charge.
- We offer classes in different formats: One-to-One, Two-to-One and groups.
- We adapt to your needs regarding the timetabling of classes.
- Our teachers travel to your company to deliver the onsite classes.
- The length of courses depends on the type of course and the objectives you seek to achieve.
- The cost is calculated after free-of-charge level tests, with no commitment required.
- Courses may be subsidised by the Fundación Tripartita. We provide all the documentation required for the application.
Companies or entities located on the Bellaterra campus can send their applications directly to the Head of Studies at UAB Idiomes Campus by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Analysis of training needs in the company.
- Written and oral level tests.
- Advice on course formats.
- Tailor-made design of course programmes.
- Presentation of proposal and calendar.
- Monitoring, supervision and evaluation of students’ learning.
- University qualifications.
- Regular reports for the company on students’ progress and achievement of objectives.
- Supervision and evaluation of teaching systems and efficiency of courses.
UAB Idiomes have been using the following online platforms to give video lessons since the COVID-19 pandemic broke out in March 2020:
- Microsoft Teams
- G Suite for Education
These platforms have allowed us to continue our face-to-face lessons online. The teaching staff have continued the same teaching activities using the online platforms as they would normally do in face-to-face lessons, as you can hear from students from two of our In Company clients in this short video.
Technical features of online platforms
All these platforms have the following technical features:
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS
- Can be used with any type of computer, tablet, or mobile
- No software download necessary
- Up to 50 participants can attend at the same time
- Lesson can be recorded and sent to students who have missed the class
- Teacher and students can share their screen with other participants
- Participants can mute their microphone to cut down noise
- Participants can turn off their camera and still be heard by others
- Participants can share documents during a live session
- Teacher can turn on subtitles during a live session
- Participants can send instant messages to everyone else in the group
- The following additional features are available on Teams, Zoom, and Skype:
- Participants can separate into smaller groups
- There is a free in-meeting whiteboard App
- Private instant messaging to other individuals in the group
- Virtual background available
Advantages of online classes
- Feedback from client companies and the students themselves mentions the following advantages of continuing to do this kind of online classes in 2020-21:
- Students can attend the lesson from anywhere, so they don’t have to miss a class if they are ‘out of the office’
- Easy to share documents and online materials.
- No travel time was involved, so student attendance increased.
- No need to clean and disinfect every classroom after each session.
- Many students said they feel safer in the online environment.
- No difference between an online lesson and a face-to-face one, so the choice can be made depending on the convenience of the individual student.
- General courses.
- Conversation courses.
- Exam preparation courses.
- Business language courses applied to: marketing, sales, purchasing, international commerce, accounting, finance, law, medicine, tourism and hotel management, pharmacy, insurance, secretarial language, etc.
- Specific language areas: telephone skills, negotiations, presentations, writing skills, translation, report writing, dealing with the public, congresses, writing and reading technical texts, etc.