WHAT IS ORCID?
ORCID (Open Researcher and Contribution ID) is a 16- dígit code which allows identifying the scientific production of a particular author.
It aims to end with the problem of ambiguities and duplicates in assigning authorship to scientific productions, whether that be because of similar names, or changes in the signature of one same author throughout his/her career.
WHY SHOULD I OBTAIN IT?
- To have an unmistakable identifier of your scientific production.
- Due to its synchronization with EGRETA since it allows the import and export of data between both platforms.
- Key element with which to link the research activities of one same author found in EGRETA through the research portal of Catalonia (Portal de Recerca de Catalunya).
- Because ORCID is an independent, not-for-profit organisation.
- For its synchronisation with several bibliographical databases such as CrossRef, Europe PubMed Central, Web of Knowledge and SCOPUS.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Obtaining an ORCID code is free and takes less than a minute. You only need to follow these steps:
- Go to the ORCID link http://orcid.org/
Click on the register button on the upper menu
Fill in the form (we recommend you enter with your institutional e-mail address)
Confirm your registration.
You will receive an e-mail from ORCID so that you can confirm your registration and where you will obtain your ORCID ID. The subject of the message will be:
[ORCID] Reminder to verify your email address
Register the ORCID code to EGRETA and synchronize both applications.
If you have any doubts or questions please contact email@example.com or call +34 93 581 4216.
Recommedations for your signature (in Catalan)