- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 2409/16
- 16th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 72 ECTS
- Start date: 18/10/2018
- Finish date: 18/12/2019
- Places: 30
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 10200 ¤
- Teaching language: English
- Location: Museu d'Història de Barcelona MUHBA, C/ Baixada de la Llibreteria, Barcelona
The master degree on ‘Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management’ proposes a multi-professional approach to the main challenges that landscape planning and management has defined at the present moment on the basis of the recognision of the different dimensions –social, cultural, economic, environmental– defining European landscapes at the present moment.
The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is one of the foundational members of the UNISCAPE Network (The European Network of Universities for the Implementation of the European Landscape Convention). The master degree on Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management constitutes the academic platform for the UAB participation on the UNISCAPE Network and its involvement in international formation and research projects developed on the basis of the cooperation between different universities.
A summary document is presented with a summary of different international workshops organised from the academic structure of the Master on Landscape Intervention and Heritage Management and characterised by the participation of different European universities of the UNISCAPE Network. Some of these international research workshops have been awarded with important prizes at the Spanish nationalscale as the IDEA program by Cosmocaixa.
The master programme has been offered with no interruption since 2000 and after this long period of 15 years is now proposed to be offered in a renovated international version specifically addressed to both national and international students.
Career opportunitiesWhen finishing the formative cicle defined by the programme, the students would be able of professionally participate in different expertise and professional fields:
- Private professional offices working on: architecture, urbanism, landscape architecture or engineering and infraestructures design.
- Private professional consultancy offices devoted to the assessment regarding envirionmental and landscape management or the analysis, proposal and evaluation of territorial and environmental projects.
- Different areas of the public administration or any public institution related with the design of policies regarding the urban and territorial planning.
- ONG or any type of civil organisation leading or participating in projects related to landscape and heritage intervention and management.
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace.
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
As a UAB student, you have access to the University occupation portal, the Occupability Service, through which you can participate in selection processes for non-curricular practices as well as getting a contract. In both cases, you need to sign up to the Nexus application.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Geografía
Montserrat Izquierdo Gonzalez