UAB's virtual fair for Master's Degrees, Graduate Courses and PhDs
Informative sessions with the programme's directions. From the 2nd to the 6th of October: Registration is open!
- UAB Specialisation Diploma
- Code: 3708/7
- 7th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 30 ECTS
- Start date: 03/10/2023
- Finish date: 01/06/2024
- Places: 8
- Orientation: Academic, Research, Professional
- Price: 2100 €
- Teaching language: Spanish (75%), Catalan (25%)
- Location: Pati Maning, Carrer Montalegre, 7, Barcelona. 08001.
If you are a journalist or work in other areas of communication, in this graduate diploma you can work on communication with a gender perspective. The graduate diploma in in Gender and Communication is a transformational tool for building a non-discriminatory society through social diversity and respect for human rights.
We offer critical, high-quality training on the social factors that affect gender identities and the communication system, to help remove sexism from the Media. The programme is divided into five modules of theoretical and practical subjects that range from basic tools for reporting with a gender perspective to the new communication formats and the latest techniques in non-androcentric reporting and communication.
When you finish the graduate diploma, you can then join the master's degree programme in Gender and Communication: taking three more modules and doing the master's degree dissertation.
The graduate diploma in Gender and Communication, the only one of its kind in Spain, is led by the Department of Media, Communication and Culture of the Faculty of Communication of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
Career opportunities- Professional journalism or advertising with specialised training in gender and communication
- Develop professional projects within the field of communication from a gender perspective: magazines and journals, television or radio programmes, editorial proposals, etc.
- Work as Community Manager for institutions and companies through specialised training in geneder issues.
- Advise companies and institutions on the introduction of geneder perspectives in all products and at all levels relating to communication.
I've been able to adopt a feminist approach both in both my work and my life. This is a revolutionary experience, personally and professionally.
For the moment, the work placements for this edition will be voluntary. The aim, however, is for these to be consolidated in future editions, becoming optional or compulsory, subject to the number of places available and future agreements with possible host organisations.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Medios, Comunicación y Cultura
ENG/Diputació de Barcelona