- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 3747/4
- 4th edition
- Modality: Blended
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 17/09/2021
- Finish date: 25/07/2022
- Places: 40
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 4260 €
Special price 3834 €
Group of application: Alumni UAB Premium+
Special price 3720 €
Group of application:
Special price 3990 €
Group of application:
- Teaching language: English
- Location: Facultat de Ciències de l'Educació, Places de les Oliveres, Edifici G5, Campus Bellaterra
The Masters program offered here is intended to help teachers to develop a full range of skills specific to teaching in or about a foreign language, be fully familiar with the challenges of education in a multilingual context, and have the capacity to work as a team with teachers specialised in non-language disciplines.
Two itineraries are available, one focusing on Foreign Language Education (FLE), the other focusing on Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) .
This programme in fact consists of the first block of 30 ECTS credits of the Masters Degree programme, so once students obtain the Postgraduate Certificate they need only complete modules 6 through 10 to obtain the full Masters Degree (see the equivalence chart).
Career opportunitiesGraduates of these programmes will have professional qualifications appropriate to:
- Teaching foreign languages in primary and secondary education, baccalaureate and vocational training.
- Teaching specialized in CLIL methods in primary and secondary education, baccalaureate and vocational training.
- ICLHE (Integrated Content and Language in Higher Education) teaching in university programmes.
- Coordination and counselling in multilingual programmes and the promotion of FL learning.
- Professional development for teachers of FLs and CLIL programmes.
- Assessment of innovative programmes for learning FLs or CLIL, in the role of inspectors or managers.
- Design and assessment of programmes for the promotion of multilingualism in a formal educational environment.
- Design and assessment of didactic material intended for publication related to the teaching/learning FLs or CLIL.
▪ Practical placements are carried out at a local educational institution such as a primary or secondary school and consist of two phases. In the first phase, the student will be a participant observer in the classroom, whereas in the second phase they will be required to manage the classroom on their own, initially under supervision and then independently. Students doing practical placements will be supervised by a tutor from the UAB programme and a teacher from the centre where the placement is occurring. All placements take place under the auspices of the Catalan governments Department of Education.
The practical placement will be assessed as follows:
Placement portfolio as assessed by the UAB tutor: 45%
Evaluative report by the tutor at the educational centre where the placement was carried out: 45%
Public presentation of the portfolio as jointly assessed by the UAB tutor and the placement coordinator: 10%.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Facultad de Ciencias de la Educación
Departamento de Didáctica de la Lengua y la Literatura, y de las Ciencias Sociales