- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 2230/14
- 13th edition
- Modality: Onsite
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 23/01/2021
- Finish date: 05/11/2022
- Places: 25
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 4440 ¤
Special price 4218 ¤
Group of application:
Special price 3996 ¤
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Catalan (50%), Spanish (50%)
- Location: Escola de Prevenció i Seguretat Integral, UAB, Bellaterra (Barcelona)
The master's degree in Risks and Emergencies trains and accredits professionals in the field of self-protection and emergencies, in any organisation, public or private, building up the following competences:
- A broad perspective.
- Knowledge of the many variables that can affect an emergency situation.
- Ability to analyse the risks that can lead to an emergency.
- Ability to communicate, coordinate teams and introduce improvements in emergency management.
The UAB School of Risk Prevention and Occupational Safety and the training it offers in risk and emergencies are accredited.
- in Catalonia: by the Institute for Public Safety of the Interior Department of the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat) for bestowing the title of Specialist in Self-Protection Plans for local and Catalan civil protection activities and centres (case file ACR/03/2011).
- in the Basque Country: by the Basque Police and Emergencies Academy, pursuant to the Order of 3 August 2012 issued by the Interior Department of the Basque Government.
Career opportunities- Public administration specialists and officials with competences in this area (local, regional and national)
- Specialists and officials in state-run companies that are affected
- Specialists and officials in private companies that manage publicly-owned assets that could intervene in emergency situations
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace...
These internships may be curricular (compulsory) or non-curricular (optional).
Curricular practices are those which are included in the curriculum of the studies and, therefore, must be overcome to obtain the degree. The programme manager will explain you the details of how, where and under what conditions you should do the internship.
Extracurricular practices are those that are not included in the curriculum of the studies. You can choose to do them in addition. The coordination of your program will explain the details of how, where and under what conditions can they be carried out.
Scholarships and financial aid
At the UAB grants' website you will find information on financial aids, grants, competitions, prizes and subsidies for the university community. The portal includes aids offered by UAB and calls from other institutions that may be an interest for students...
In this website you will find a specific page for UAB-specific master's degrees and graduate diplomas' grants.
Escuela de Prevención y Seguridad Integral
Formació Continuada FUAB