- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 3144/8
- 8th edition
- Modality: Blended
- Credits: 60 ECTS
- Start date: 02/10/2020
- Finish date: 15/09/2021
- Places: 35
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 4800 ¤
Special price 4320 ¤
Group of application:
- Teaching language: Spanish
- Location: Hospital de Sant Pau. Sant Antoni M. Claret, 171. 08041 Barcelona
Palliative care is a professional, scientific and human response to the many needs of patients and their families at the end-of-life stage. The programme meets a need for specific training in palliative care that promotes the holistic principle underlying it and spreads this to all areas of medical practice.
Given the absence of training opportunities that combine this holistic view of the human being with suitable specialisation options, this programme, on completion of the common modules, offers three profession-oriented tracks within the field of palliative care: for doctors, nurses, and professionals involved in giving emotional and spiritual support. Great importance is attached to practical work and a self-awareness activity to be done by students, given that professionals' attitudes and behaviour have a great impact on patients.
Career opportunitiesThe master's degree is aimed primarily at healthcare professionals wishing to join hospital or non-hospital palliative care teams.
It is also suitable for specialists in other areas who have frequent contact with terminal patients, such as medical oncology, radiotherapy and oncology, internal medicine, family medicine, or geriatrics, for other professionals working in this field, such as psychologists, social workers or chaplains, and for other graduates involved in end-of-life care.
The work placement is supervised and takes place at the Palliative Care Unit of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
- participation in the discussion sessions of the interdisciplinary palliative care team;
- supervised care of hospitalised patients in the Palliative Care Unit;
- outpatients clinic; - attendance at general palliative care sessions with directed learning;
- the unit's scientific sessions: clinical, bibliographic, research;
- evaluation and commentary on students interventions with patients.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Pediatría, de Obstetricia y Ginecología y de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública
INPECS (Institut per a l'Excel.lència Clínica i Sanitària)
ENG/Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau
Margarita García Mas