- UAB-specific Master's Degree
- Code: 1808/9
- 9th edition
- Modality: Blended
- Credits: 100 ECTS
- Start date: 01/04/2022
- Finish date: 31/03/2024
- Places: 2
- Orientation: Professional
- Price: 7500 €
- Teaching language: Spanish (60%), Catalan (35%), English (5%)
- Location: Hospital de Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Hospital Vall Hebron y Hospital Quirón
The theory component is divided into modules with basic and advanced content in maternal fetal medicine. This part is supported by an interactive platform consisting of discussion forums and master classes taught by experts in the subject area.
The programme includes a 2-year placement in Hospital de Sant Pau, Hospital de la Vall d'Hebron and Hospital Quiron. Students will complete different rotations in maternal fetal units, taking an active part in treatment, clinical sessions and training events in these hospitals.
Career opportunities- Specialist in maternal-fetal medicine at a Level 2 or Level 3 centre, working in care, management or research.
- Advanced obstetric ultrasound.
- High risk consultant in maternal medicine.
- Consultant in fetal medicine.
- Head of delivery area.
- Patient monitoring in the semi-intensive obstetric care unit.
- Principal investigator in a research group in maternal-fetal medicine.
- Maternal-fetal medicine team leader.
UAB masters and graduate diplomas may include or facilitate external academic internships in companies or institutions in order to help the student to achieve a level of expertise that facilitates the insertion or promotion in the workplace.
For this study programme non-curricular (optional) internships are possible:
As a UAB student, you have access to the University occupation portal, the Occupability Service, through which you can participate in selection processes for non-curricular practices as well as getting a contract. In both cases, you need to sign up to the Nexus application.
Scholarships and financial aid
Chek all the information on the possibilities for grants and scholarships in the page for UAB financial aids, grants and calls.
Departamento de Pediatría, de Obstetricia y Ginecología y de Medicina Preventiva y Salud Pública
Carmen Medina Mallén
Phone: 935537048 / 935537041